Grammy Awards Food at Staples Center
Celebrities and fans look forward to the event each year, so I was excited to try out Grammy Awards food ahead of time. As you can imagine, music industry VIPs eat very well!
This week I got an advance look (and taste!) of the menu that was created for the 59th Annual Grammys. The meal was set up in Los Angeles at Staples Center in a VIP suite overlooking the stage that was being set up for Sunday’s awards show.
The menu was created by Executive Chef Joseph Martin and his team. I had plenty to choose from as a vegetarian. Others also enjoyed the meat and seafood.
- Lobster and Lemon Grilled Flatbread
- Grape and Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Garlic Chicken and Hummus Flatbread
- Maple Bacon Cheddar Scones
- Thai Shrimp Spring Roll
- Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Goat Cheese
- Sushi and Sashimi
- Farmer’s Salad
- Grilled Steak Sandwiches with Heirloom Mushroom Jam
- Braised Short Ribs and Caramelized Cauliflower
- Earth and Land Tenderloin
- Shrimp and Lobster Escabeche
- Char Sui Chicken Salad
- Tortilla Espanola
- Chimichurri Chicken with Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
Sweet Treats Menu
Two kinds of popcorn:
- Lemon Heaven Popcorn
- Red Velvet Popcorn
Monkey Business baked desserts:
- Inside Out S’mores
- Cake Monkey Carrot Cake
- Huckleberry Donut with Maple Glaze
- Ginger Bread Cookie Sandwich
- Chocolate Malt Cake
- Kimchi Peanut Butter Sriracha
- Cinnamon Brulee
- Chocolate Mint
- Lavender Shortbread
Everything I sampled was both beautiful and delicious. A few favorites were the Grape and Goat Flatbread, Farmer’s Salad served in fish bowls and the Cake Monkey Carrot Cake.
I’m going to attempt to recreate the flatbread at home.
They also have two signature cocktails for the Grammys. The 44 Thorns Margarita is made with Avion 44 Reserve Tequila and a housemade prickly pear syrup.
Sublime features Absolute Lime and Blanc Belle Epoque Champagne.
The menu for the 2017 Grammy Awards is sure to be a hit, when celebrities and VIPs arrive at the show!
Photo above: Natalie Wachen, Staples Center Grammy Awards Suite
Check out my food travel articles, so you can plan your next adventure.