Pressure Cooker Cinnamon Applesauce
Elevate this classic comfort food, when you make my Instant Pot pear applesauce.
It is extra flavorful, since it has pears, apple juice and cinnamon cooked right in.
When you use your Instant Pot, making homemade pear applesauce is simple.
As photographed, the fruit sauce was made with peeled fruit and blended smooth.
However, you can make changes, if you prefer. You can leave the peel on the apples and pears, so that you’ll get additional fiber. You can also leave chunks, if you like more texture in your applesauce.
When my fruit is really sweet, I don’t add any extra sweetener.
If you feel yours needs a little sweet something, you can add maple syrup or agave nectar after you taste it.
Homemade pear applesauce is delicious!
Instant Pot Pear Applesauce Recipe
Prep time- 10 minutes
Cook time- 4 minutes + time to come to pressure + 10 minutes to release
1) Add pears, apples, apple juice, lemon juice and cinnamon to your Instant Pot. Stir to combine and lock the lid into place. Set vent to “sealing” and “manual” setting to 4 minutes.
2) After cook is done, let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, manually release any remaining pressure.
3) Taste and add maple syrup or agave nectar, if needed.
4) If you’d like smooth applesauce (as photographed), blend in a high speed blender. If you you like yours chunkier, use an immersion blender.
5) Serve immediately while warm or let cool and then store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other delicious Instant Pot recipes:
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!