with Caramelized Onion and Artichoke Hearts
Make this delicious caramelized onion and artichoke polenta, when you want a quick and easy dish made from pantry basics.
This is great for a last minute meal that you can get on the table without a whole lot of effort.
I am a big fan of the pre-cooked polenta that comes in a tube.
It tastes as good as homemade, but all I have to do is open the package and slice.
I regularly purchase Melissa’s Produce at the grocery store, but these days I am staying at home and not visiting my local supermarket.
The organic polenta, artichoke hearts, onion and garlic all came in my pantry box, which made it easy to pull this meal together.
The only other ingredients I needed to add to the dish were extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar, which I have plenty of in my stockpile.
I hope you enjoy this flavorful dish!
Caramelized Onion and Artichoke Polenta Recipe
1) Peel and slice onion and drain artichoke hearts.
2) Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
3) When the oil is hot, add onion slices to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add artichoke hearts and garlic about 5 more minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
4) Stir in minced garlic and aged balsamic vinegar.
5) Slice polenta into round medallions and add to the pan to cook for 5 to 10 minutes more. Stir occasionally, turning the polenta over so that both sides soak up the flavors.
6) Serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?