with Caramelized Onion and Artichoke Hearts
Make this delicious caramelized onion and artichoke polenta, when you want a quick and easy dish made from pantry basics.
This is great for a last minute meal that you can get on the table without a whole lot of effort.
I am a big fan of the pre-cooked polenta that comes in a tube.
It tastes as good as homemade, but all I have to do is open the package and slice.
I regularly purchase Melissa’s Produce at the grocery store, but these days I am staying at home and not visiting my local supermarket.
The organic polenta, artichoke hearts, onion and garlic all came in my pantry box, which made it easy to pull this meal together.
The only other ingredients I needed to add to the dish were extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar, which I have plenty of in my stockpile.
I hope you enjoy this flavorful dish!
Caramelized Onion and Artichoke Polenta Recipe
1) Peel and slice onion and drain artichoke hearts.
2) Heat extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
3) When the oil is hot, add onion slices to the skillet and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add artichoke hearts and garlic about 5 more minutes until lightly browned and cooked through.
4) Stir in minced garlic and aged balsamic vinegar.
5) Slice polenta into round medallions and add to the pan to cook for 5 to 10 minutes more. Stir occasionally, turning the polenta over so that both sides soak up the flavors.
6) Serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes to Cook
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious dinner recipes.
- Vegan Butternut Squash Stew
- Butternut Squash Noodles
- Oven Roasted Artichoke Halves
- Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Stuffed Eggplant
- Roasted Broccoli Stems
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian and vegan recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!