Pressure Cooker Wild Rice
Easy Vegan Wild Rice Side Dish
This Instant Pot wild rice pilaf is the perfect side dish, since it is flavorful and goes with a wide variety of main dishes.
Pressure cookers are handy for a lot of foods, but rice is one of my favorites.
It is easy to get perfect rice, when you use an Instant Pot.
My easy vegan pilaf recipe features a wild rice blend, mushrooms, vegetables and slivered almonds.
The texture is great and each bite tastes delicious.
You can make this recipe with a regular white or brown rice, if that is what you have in your pantry.
However, it is an extra treat, when made with a wild rice blend as the recipe is written.
The blend of tastes and textures is perfect!
Instant Pot Wild Rice Pilaf Recipe
Prep time 20 minutes
Active cook time- 20 minutes (plus time to come to pressure & to release)
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
8 oz. pkg. Brown Mushrooms, sliced
2 Large Carrots, grated
2 stalks Celery, diced
½ Medium Red Onion, diced
4 cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 cups Vegetable Broth
1 cup Wild Rice Blend
2 T Fresh Parsley, chopped
1/3 cup Slivered Almonds
1) Set Instant Pot to saute, heat to high and add olive oil. When the display reaches ‘hot,’ add sliced mushrooms, grated carrots, diced celery, diced red onion and minced garlic. Stir continually for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Turn the Instant Pot off and season with salt and pepper.
2) Add vegetable broth and wild rice blend to the Instant Pot and stir to combine.
3) Put the lid on and set the pressure valve to ‘sealing.” Select ‘manual’ on the high setting and set cooking time to 15 minutes. When complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Then, do a quick release to remove any remaining pressure. Turn off the Instant Pot and let it sit for 5 minutes more.
4) Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in half of the fresh parsley and all of the slivered almonds. Put in a serving bowl and top with the remaining parsley. Serve immediately.
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious instant pot recipes.
- Chunky Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Blueberry Compote
- Perfect Pressure Cooker Red Beans
- Instant Pot Pear Applesauce
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!