Your taste buds can take a trip to Ireland, when you enjoy the sweet tart flavor of this Irish lemon curd.
I would love to visit this beautiful country, but in the meantime I am happy to experience the food at my own home.
Lemon curd can be used like jam as a topping for toast or scones, but you won’t want to stop there.
This versatile fruit spread is great on top of cheesecake, waffles, or pancakes and it makes a lovely filling for a cake or cupcakes.
Jam is typically made with just fruit and sugar, but curd has egg and butter mixed in to give it a rich and creamy texture and delicious flavor.
The lemon curd recipe below was adapted from a recipe by executive head chef Noel McMeel from the Lough Erne Resort in County Fermanagh, Northern Ireland.
He specializes in recipes using fresh, seasonal food, so this curd with its bright flavor suits his style perfectly.
You can use the lemon curd right away or you can store it in a jar in the refrigerator for up to three weeks.
Are you ready to plan a trip to Northern Ireland, so that you can experience more delicious food?
Irish Lemon Curd Recipe
Recipe provided by Tourism Ireland
1) Cream the butter and sugar together with an electric mixer.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the whole eggs and additional yolks together.
3) With the mixer on low, slowly add in the eggs to the creamed butter.
4) When smooth, pour in the lemon juice and beat on high speed for 1 minute. The mixture will look ‘curdled’ at this step.
5) Pour into a nonreactive saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon as you cook for 10 to 15 minutes, so that the curd thickens.
6) Ladle into a hot, sterilized mason jar. Let it cool and then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Cookie Dough Lemon Bars
- Coconut Lemon Fruit Leather
- Toasted Coconut Lemon Curd Cookies
- No Bake Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecake
- Keto Lemon Poppyseed Muffins
- Blackberry Lemon Chess Pie
- Traditional Irish Lemon Curd
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Dinner Lemon Recipes
- Greek Pasta Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Cash Iron Skillet Greek Potatoes
- Lemon Garlic Asparagus with Pasta
- Charred Asparagus with Lemon
- Lemon Dill Hummus
Lemon Drink Recipes
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
- Easy Cucumber Lemonade
- Chia Seed Lemonade
- Jamaican Adult Lemonade
- Easy Blueberry Lemonade
Check out the latest deals on kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, when you visit these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?