Easy Fruit Roll Ups
Lemon and Coconut
This lemon coconut fruit leather is deliciously sweet and tart, so it is a good thing that it is easy to make in the oven or in a dehydrator.
You can make rolled fruit roll ups or you can simply cut it into strips.
Either way, it is delicious.
These roll ups are extra easy to prepare, since the recipe starts with a can of lemon pie filling.
This is a fun treat to make with pantry staples.
A dehydrator is great, if you have the space and are going to use it often.
However, you can easily make fruit leather or other dehydrated fruit or veggies in your regular oven at the lowest heat setting.
Time can vary with both methods, so you’ll need to keep an eye on it.
If the weather is moist or if your fruit is thick, it takes longer.
Thinner fruit on a dry day will be ready more quickly.
If your family is like mine, these just may disappear right after they are ready.
They can be stored in an airtight container, if there are any left.
Coconut Lemon Fruit Leather Recipe
Prep time – 15 minutes
Total Time – 3 to 5 hours dehydrator or 1 1/2 to 3 hours oven
1) Add lemon pie filling and coconut milk to a mixing bowl and stir together until smooth.
2) If using a dehydrator, place parchment paper onto the dehydrator tray and pour the lemon coconut mixture onto it. If using the oven, cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture on top.
3) Spread the mixture evenly, so that it will dry uniformly. Sprinkle coconut on top of the lemon mixture.
4) The dehydrator method takes about 3 to 5 hours. Start checking on it around hour three, and remove when it is leathery. The oven method takes about 1 1/2 to 3 hours at the lowest setting. Start checking after 1 1/2 hours. Time will vary depending upon your climate.
5) Cut into strips and roll.
6) Eat immediately or store in an airtight container.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my tasty frozen treat recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Popsicles
- Kiwi Popsicles
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles
- 6 Colors of the Rainbow Popsicles
- Gummy Bear Popsicles
- Orange Creamsicles
- Avocado Popsicles
- Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles
- Cold Brew Mocha Popsicles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!