How to Dehydrate Bananas
with chocolate hazelnut drizzle
Banana chips are always tasty, but they are even more fun when you make dehydrated Nutella banana chips in the oven or in your dehydrator.
These two flavors were made for each other, so, of course, it makes sense to combine them in banana chips that are an extra special treat.
Nutella and bananas really were made for each other.
I think of these sweet chips as dessert, but they are super crunchy and snackable.
So I won’t judge you, if you call them a snack.
The secret to good dehydration is that your slices need to be thin and even. so that they will dehydrate properly.
These chips can be made in either a dehydrator or your regular oven.
The process is basically the same, but the chips will take a little less time in the oven.
Typically, the lowest heat setting available on a standard oven is 160°, which is higher than dehydrators.
Both methods are just fine, so either way they will be good.
If you already have a dehydrator, you know how convenient it is to make multiple trays of dehydrated foods at once without heating up the house with a regular oven.
The Nutella chips are a tasty treat for adults and kids!
Dehydrated Nutella Banana Chips Recipe
2 Large Bananas
2 T Nutella
1) Cut the bananas into even ½ inch slices with a mandoline (preferred) or knife.
2) Line your dehydration tray with parchment paper for the dehydrator method or line the baking sheet with parchment for the oven method.
3) Place the slices on the parchment paper in a single layer.
4) Melt the Nutella in the microwave for approx. 20 seconds, so that it turns into a thick liquid.
5) Drizzle the melted Nutella on the banana slices lightly, so that there are no big clumps.
6) If you are using a dehydrator, set it to the “fruit” setting and dehydrate until the banana slices are crispy like a chip. Depending upon your climate and the amount of moisture in your slices, it can take up to 12 hours. Start checking at about 10 hours. Then recheck every 30 minutes or so until they are done.
7) If you are using an oven, set the heat as low as possible. It will take approximately 8 to 10 hours. Start checking after 8 hours. Then recheck every 30 minutes or so until done.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Dehydrated Food Recipes
Coconut Lemon Fruit Leather
Dehydrated Orange Slices
Berry Fruit Roll Ups
Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather
Chocolate Dehydrated Strawberries
Dill Cucumber Chips
Nutella Banana Chips
Mason Jar Banana Pudding
Banana Cream Pie
Gluten Free Coconut Banana Truffles
Dehydrated Nutella Banana Chips
Banana Cream Pie Popsicles
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
The California Wine Club
Wine of The Month Club
Seven Sisters Scones
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?