How to Dehydrate Bananas
with chocolate hazelnut drizzle
Banana chips are always tasty, but they are even more fun when you make dehydrated Nutella banana chips in the oven or in your dehydrator.
These two flavors were made for each other, so, of course, it makes sense to combine them in banana chips that are an extra special treat.
I think of these sweet chips as dessert, but they are super crunchy and snackable.
So I won’t judge you, if you call them a snack.
The secret to good dehydration is that your slices need to be thin and even. so that they will dehydrate properly.
These chips can be made in either a dehydrator or your regular oven.
The process is basically the same, but the chips will take a little less time in the oven.
Typically, the lowest heat setting available on a standard oven is 160°, which is higher than dehydrators.
Both methods are just fine, so either way they will be good.
If you already have a dehydrator, you know how convenient it is to make multiple trays of dehydrated foods at once without heating up the house with a regular oven.
The Nutella chips are a tasty treat for adults and kids!
Dehydrated Nutella Banana Chips Recipe
2 Large Bananas
2 T Nutella
1) Cut the bananas into even ½ inch slices with a mandoline (preferred) or knife.
2) Line your dehydration tray with parchment paper for the dehydrator method or line the baking sheet with parchment for the oven method.
3) Place the slices on the parchment paper in a single layer.
4) Melt the Nutella in the microwave for approx. 20 seconds, so that it turns into a thick liquid.
5) Drizzle the melted Nutella on the banana slices lightly, so that there are no big clumps.
6) If you are using a dehydrator, set it to the “fruit” setting and dehydrate until the banana slices are crispy like a chip. Depending upon your climate and the amount of moisture in your slices, it can take up to 12 hours. Start checking at about 10 hours. Then recheck every 30 minutes or so until they are done.
7) If you are using an oven, set the heat as low as possible. It will take approximately 8 to 10 hours. Start checking after 8 hours. Then recheck every 30 minutes or so until done.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my tasty frozen treat recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Popsicles
- Kiwi Popsicles
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles
- 6 Colors of the Rainbow Popsicles
- Gummy Bear Popsicles
- Orange Creamsicles
- Avocado Popsicles
- Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles
- Cold Brew Mocha Popsicles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!