Mixed Berry Fruit Leather
Oven and Dehydrator Methods
Make these fun and tasty berry fruit roll ups, when you want a homemade treat without the extra sugars, flavors and colors of store bought.
You can make this fruit leather in the oven or in a dehydrator using your choice of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries.
When berries are in season, I always use fresh.
However, frozen mixed berries are just fine and will also make delicious homemade fruit roll ups.
The key to successful dehydration is to make sure you have a thin, even layer of fruit.
So make sure you blend well and then spread out evenly into a thin layer with a spatula.
If it is uneven, the thicker parts will be too moist or the thin parts will be too dry.
When it’s even, everything is perfect.
These berry fruit roll ups are a wonderful treat with the intense natural flavor of berries.
Berry Fruit Roll Ups Recipe
2 cups Mixed Berries (strawberry, blackberry, blueberry and/or raspberry)
1 cup Apple Sauce
1) Blend the berries and apple sauce until completely smooth.
2) Line your dehydrator tray or rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
3) Pour the blended fruit mixture on top of the parchment paper and smooth out with a spatula.
4) If you are using a dehydrator, set it to the “fruit” setting. Dehydrate until the fruit is dry to the touch, but still flexible. Depending upon your climate, it can take between 6 and nine hours. Start checking at about 5 hours. Then recheck every 30 minutes or so until the leather is done.
5) If you are using an oven, set the heat as low as possible. It will take approximately 8 to 10 hours. Start checking after 8 hours. Then recheck every 30 minutes or so until done.
6) Let cool. Then cut into strips and roll.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Dehydrated Food Recipes
- Coconut Lemon Fruit Leather
- Dehydrated Orange Slices
- Berry Fruit Roll Ups
- Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather
- Chocolate Dehydrated Strawberries
- Dill Cucumber Chips
- Nutella Banana Chips
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?