Pumpkin Spice Fruit Roll Ups
in the dehydrator or oven
When you want to enjoy Fall flavors in a fun new way, make my caramel pumpkin fruit leather in the dehydrator or oven.
Yes, there is pumpkin spice in the fruit roll ups, too.
These are a wonderful sweet snack that kids and adults can enjoy at home or when you are out taking care of essential errands.
They taste like a chewy pumpkin pie, but have the added sweet bonus of caramel.
The fruit leather can either be made in a dehydrator or oven, whichever you prefer.
If you are going to be doing a lot of dehydrating, you will probably want to treat yourself to a dehydrator with multiple drying trays.
Then, you will be able to make a lot of dehydrated fruit and keep your oven free for other things.
We like making our leather into roll ups, since it makes them extra fun to eat.
However, cutting them into strips that are easy to store is fine, too.
This pumpkin leather is a fun treat for a Halloween party, but you really can enjoy it anytime of the year.
Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather Recipe
Prep time – 15 minutes
Total Time – 3-5 hours dehydrator or 1 1/2 to 3 hours oven
1 cup Pumpkin Puree
1 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 T Caramel Sauce
1 T Light Brown Sugar
Dehydrator or Oven
Rimmed Baking Sheet (if using the oven)
1) Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and stir together until smooth.
2) If using a dehydrator, place parchment paper onto the dehydrator tray and pour the pumpkin mixture onto it. If using the oven, cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the mixture on top.
3) Spread the mixture evenly, so that it will dry uniformly.
4) The dehydrator method takes about 3 to 5 hours. Start checking on it around hour three, and remove when it is leathery. The oven method takes about 1 1/2 to 3 hours at the lowest setting. Start checking after 1 1/2 hours. Time will vary depending upon your climate.
5) Cut into strips and roll.
6) Eat immediately or store in an airtight container.
More from Mama Likes to Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Coffee Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- From Scratch Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Fluff Smoothie
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather
- Homemade Pumpkin Caramels
- Single Serve Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Maple Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Cups with Pumpkin Mousse
- Chewy Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- Mason Jar Chocolate Pumpkin Trifles
- No Churn Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream
Dips Made with Pumpkin
Dinner Recipes with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes with Brown Rice
- Vegan Pumpkin Curry Skillet Meal
- Slow Cooker Vegan Red Lentils with Pumpkin
- Vegan Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Chili
- Vegetarian Pumpkin Stew
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta Sauce
- Easy Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Pine Nuts
Dehydrated Food Recipes
- Coconut Lemon Fruit Leather
- Dehydrated Orange Slices
- Berry Fruit Roll Ups
- Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather
- Chocolate Dehydrated Strawberries
- Dill Cucumber Chips
- Nutella Banana Chips
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?