Easy Gluten Free No Bake Dessert
When you want an easy make ahead dessert that tastes amazing, make this super creamy, gluten-free maple pumpkin mousse.
The mousse itself is sweetened with maple syrup and the whipped cream is, too.
It is most definitely dessert, but it is light and fluffy.
This is the perfect way to finish off a big meal without overdoing it.
The recipe is simple and doesn’t involve too much hands on prep.
It just takes a few minutes to whip up the whipped cream and a few minutes to mix the mousse.
Then, you’ll need to be patient while it chills.
You can make it the night before, if you’d like. Then you can add the whipped cream and garnish just before serving.
This recipe is simple enough to serve with a regular weeknight meal, but is special enough for company.
Serve it with your Thanksgiving or Christmas feast or serve it to friends and family who pop in for a holiday visit.
Maple Pumpkin Mousse Recipe
1) Beat the heavy whipping cream with a mixer until it doubles in size. Then add 2 T of the maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2) Beat the pumpkin, half and half, cream cheese, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice and the remaing 4 T maple syrup with mixer until thoroughly mixed.
3) Transfer to individual dessert bowls, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
4) When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream. Garnish with ground cinnamon and pecan halves.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other delicious dessert recipes:
- Simply Perfect Apple Pie
- Moscato Poached Pears
- Cinnamon Roll Bread Pudding
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!