How to Make Pumpkin Caramels
It is easy to make homemade pumpkin caramels and they are delicious, so you can make them for yourself or give them as gifts.
A sweet treat is a wonderful little pick me up!
These chewy candies are simple to make with white chocolate and real pumpkin, but they look and taste impressive.
If you have kids who like to help in the kitchen, this is a fun recipe to make together.
You may want to handle the double boiler, but even little ones can have fun rolling the caramels and wrapping them in wax paper.
They are perfect to package as a gift in a decorative mason jar, since they are individually wrapped.
Or you pop one in your pocket or purse to eat, when you need a little something special.
Pumpkin Caramels Recipe
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Total time – 40 minutes
1) Add all ingredients to the top pan of the double boiler set and add about an inch of water to the bottom pan.
2) Mix well and bring to a simmer.
3) Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
4) Line a baking sheet with wax paper and pour the caramel mixture onto it.
5) Refrigerate for 20 minutes, so that the candy sets.
6) After the caramels have set, cut into ½ inch by 1 inch pieces and wrap in wax paper.
More from Mama Likes to Cook
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other treat recipes that are great for the holidays:
- Chocolate Peppermint Lollipops
- White Chocolate Dipped Figs
- Earl Grey Tea Truffles
- Peppermint Fudge Truffles
- Coconut Banana Truffles
- Chocolate Banana Truffles
- Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones with Fruit
- Reindeer Oreo Pops
- GF Chocolate Truffles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!