Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Baked from Scratch
There is nothing quite like pumpkin spice muffins warm from the oven, so it’s a good thing it is easy to make them from scratch.
Muffins are great for breakfast or a snack.
If you are like me, you can also enjoy one for dessert.
The recipe calls for pumpkin puree, so make sure you don’t accidentally use “pumpkin pie filling.”
That has sugar and other extra ingredients in the can, but all you want for this recipe is pure pumpkin puree.
These muffins have coarse decorating sugar on top, which looks great and adds a bit of sweetness.
However, you can leave it off, if you prefer to cut back on the sugar.
From Scratch Pumpkin Spice Muffins Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 25-30 minutes
Yields: 12 regular-sized muffins
2½ cups Sugar
4 Large Eggs
2/3 cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 cup Water
15 oz. can Pumpkin Puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
3½ cups All-purpose Flour
2 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
1 T Pumpkin Pie Spice
½ c. Coarse Decorating Sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350° and put 12 cupcake liners in the cavities.
2) Add sugar, eggs, oil, water and pumpkin to your mixing bowl and beat on low for just 1 minute. Do not over mix.
3) In a separate bowl, add your dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking soda and pumpkin spice and stir or whisk together to combine.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and briefly beat on low until combined. Again, do not over mix.
5) Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, so that each one is about ¾ full.
6) Bake in the preheated for for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with coarse decorating sugar. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through.
7) Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes. Then transfer the muffins to a wire baking rack to cool completely.
More from Mama Likes to Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Easy Banana Walnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Jalapeno Cheese Muffins
- Keto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- No Yeast English Muffins
Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Coffee Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- From Scratch Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Fluff Smoothie
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather
- Homemade Pumpkin Caramels
- Single Serve Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Maple Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Cups with Pumpkin Mousse
- Chewy Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- Mason Jar Chocolate Pumpkin Trifles
- No Churn Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream
Dips Made with Pumpkin
Dinner Recipes with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes with Brown Rice
- Vegan Pumpkin Curry Skillet Meal
- Slow Cooker Vegan Red Lentils with Pumpkin
- Vegan Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Chili
- Vegetarian Pumpkin Stew
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta Sauce
- Easy Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Pine Nuts
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?