Festive Red Mocktail
Make this quick and easy holiday cherry slush mocktail, when you want a fun and festive drink that can be enjoyed by kids and adults.
It is the perfect shade of red for holiday cheer and, yes, it is sweet without added sugar.
The pretty red color and tasty cherry flavor come from calorie-free Kool-Aid Liquid Drink Mix concentrate, which is sweetened with sucralose instead of sugar.
I remember adding so much white sugar to make Kool-aid, when I was a kid.
It’s great that the fun flavors are now available in a concentrated liquid that is sugar free.
The cherry is the perfect shade of holiday red.
The holiday mocktail is garnished with maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick or lollipop stick, which makes it extra pretty.
It only takes a moment to add the garnish, but is that special touch that makes the beverage festive.
The drink is great for kids, but I know plenty of adults that like it, too.
This cherry slush can be a fun part of your holiday celebrations at home!
Ho Ho Holiday Cherry Slush Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1) Add Ice to the blender.
2) Measure 1 ½ Tablespoons of the concentrated drink mix into the blender or do 4 “long squirts,” which is about the same amount.
3) Add the water to the blender.
4) Blend on high until it becomes slushy without lumps.
5) Pour into cocktail glasses or cups.
6) Garnish with maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick and serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other beverage recipes, so you can get more drink inspiration.
Following are a few of my favorite refreshing drinks:
- Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
- Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
- Blueberry Lime Soda
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
- Simple Strawberry Soda
Then take a look at my other vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!