Cherry Slushie – A Festive Red Mocktail
Make this quick and easy holiday cherry slush mocktail, when you want a fun and festive red drink that can be enjoyed by kids and adults.
It is the perfect shade of red for holiday cheer and, yes, it is sweet without added sugar.
The pretty red color and tasty cherry flavor come from calorie-free Kool-Aid Liquid Drink Mix concentrate, which is sweetened with sucralose instead of sugar.
I remember adding so much white sugar to make Kool-aid, when I was a kid.
It’s great that the fun flavors are now available in a concentrated liquid that is sugar free.
The cherry is the perfect shade of holiday red.
The holiday mocktail is garnished with maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick or lollipop stick, which makes it extra pretty.
It only takes a moment to add the garnish, but is that special touch that makes the beverage festive.
The drink is great for kids, but I know plenty of adults that like it, too.
This cherry slush can be a fun part of your holiday celebrations at home!
Ho Ho Holiday Cherry Slush Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1) Add Ice to the blender.
2) Measure 1 ½ Tablespoons of the concentrated drink mix into the blender or do 4 “long squirts,” which is about the same amount.
3) Add the water to the blender.
4) Blend on high until it becomes slushy without lumps.
5) Pour into cocktail glasses or cups.
6) Garnish with maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick and serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Cherry Hibiscus Sun Tea
- Creamy Vanilla Cherry Popsicles
- Make Ahead Cherry Strawberry Smoothie Packs
- Cherry Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Quick & Easy Cherry Crisp
- Hemp & Cherry Protein Chia Pudding
- Cherry Slush Mocktail
- Dark Cherry Gin Fizz
Refreshing Drink Recipes
- Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
- Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
- Blueberry Lime Soda
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
- Simple Strawberry Soda
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?