Cream Cheese Appetizer
with Cherries and Pecans
Serve this pecan and cherry cream cheese appetizer, when you want a crowd pleasing party snack that is simple to prepare.
The cherry sauce is cooked on the stove and then spooned over a brick of cream cheese and served with crackers.
It looks pretty and kids and adults love it.
I prefer using fresh cherries, but they aren’t always available.
Frozen will work just fine as long as you thaw them to room temperature ahead of time.
If you’d like to make this recipe vegan, simply use maple syrup or agave instead of the honey and use a vegan cream cheese alternative.
Cherry Cream Cheese Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
1) If using fresh cherries, cut them in half and remove pits. If using frozen cherries, thaw them.
2) Add cherries, honey, half of the chopped rosemary, cinnamon, cumin, salt and water to a sauce pan set to medium heat. Stir to combine.
3) Cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally as the sauce thickens.
4) Unwrap the brick of cream cheese and place it on a serving platter. Spoon part or all of the warm cherry sauce on top of the cream cheese. Top with chopped pecans and the remaining chopped rosemary.
5) Serve immediately with crackers.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other appetizer recipes, so you can get more snack inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious guacamole recipes:
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!