Dark Cherry Fizz
When you are thirsting for a fruit cocktail made with gin, this dark cherry gin fizz will hit the spot.
The well balanced chilled gin drink is tart, sweet and crisp, so it is perfectly refreshing.
Serve the fizzy gin drink at a party or have your own private happy hour at home.
I prefer using fresh fruit, whenever possible. However, frozen cherries are just fine to use in this drink, if fresh are not available.
If you would like to make this a dark cherry mocktail, this will still be a tasty beverage.
Just leave out the gin for kids or anyone who want to enjoy it without.
If you are planning to serve this at a party, you can make the cherry syrup ahead of time.
Then it will be ready for you to mix the drinks just before serving.
I like cherry drinks anytime, but this one looks especially festive for the holidays or as a special Valentine’s Day drink.
Dark Cherry Gin Fizz Recipe
1) Add the pitted cherries, water and agave to a small saucepan. Heat on medium for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
2) Pour the cherry mixture into a blender and blend until smooth.
3) Let it cool down in the blender for 10 to 15 minutes.
4) Transfer the cherry liquid to a pitcher, add mint leaves and lime juice and then stir to combine.
5) Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
6) To serve, fill glasses with ice. Add 1/4 cup cherry mixture, 1/2 cup club soda and 1 oz. gin to each glass and stir gently. (Skip the gin, if you are making a mocktail.)
7) Garnish with a sprig of mint.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Pink Pirate Rum Punch
- Frose Frozen Rose Slushie
- Classic Strawberry Margarita
- Classic Margarita on the Rocks
- Sweet Wine Spritzer
- Bourbon Mule
- Monk Fruit Pina Colada
- Monk Fruit Strawberry Daquiri
- Miami Vice Frozen Cocktail
- Tequila Sparkling Paloma
- Jamaican Adult Lemonade
- Bourbon Blueberry Tonic
- Cherry Bourbon and Coke
- Dark Cherry Gin Fizz
- Pineapple Margarita
- Boozy Sherbet Float
- Pink Grapefruit Mimosa
- Halloween Bloody Rum Punch
- Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
- Homemade Eggnog without Raw Eggs
- Bourbon Maple Cider Cocktail
- Chocolate Peppermint White Russian
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cocktail
- Bourbon Pecan Praline Cocktail
- Spiked Coffee Cocktail
- Cherry Hibiscus Sun Tea
- Make Ahead Cherry Strawberry Smoothie Packs
- Cherry Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Quick & Easy Cherry Crisp
- Hemp & Cherry Protein Chia Pudding
- Cherry Slush Mocktail
- Dark Cherry Gin Fizz
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?