Frozen Pina Colada Cocktail
Sweetened with Monkfruit
Enjoy a frozen monk fruit pina colada, when you want a refreshing classic tropical cocktail without added sugar.
Monkfruit sweetener has zero calories and, unlike some other sugar alternatives, doesn’t leave me with an unpleasant aftertaste.
This sugar substitute tastes great and is a lovely sweet addition to the pineapple coconut cocktail.
The recipe can be made with whatever type of pineapple you have available – fresh, frozen or canned.
I freeze my fresh pineapple ahead of time, and then blend it with the other ingredients.
Do you like pina coladas?
Getting caught in the rain?
Monk Fruit Pina Colada Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yields: 2 drinks
Sugar Free Simple Syrup
¼ cup Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
½ cup water
Fresh pineapple slices
1) Measure the monkfruit sweetener and water into the sauce pan. Cook on medium for a few minutes, so that the powder dissolves. Remove from the stove and set aside to cool.
2) First, add the ice cubes to the blender. Then, add the frozen pineapple chunks, pineapple juice, coconut cream, rum and 1/4 cup of the simple syrup to the blender.
3) Blend until smooth.
4) Taste and add a little more simple syrup, if desired. Blend again.
5) Pour into hurricane glasses. Garnish with a fresh pineapple.
6) Serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other beverage recipes, so you can get more drink inspiration.
Following are a few of my favorite refreshing drinks:
- Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
- Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
- Blueberry Lime Soda
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
- Simple Strawberry Soda
Then take a look at my other vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!