Easy Frozen Margarita
blended with fruit
This classic strawberry margarita is just what you need for taco Tuesday or anytime you want a fruity frozen cocktail.
When I think of a margarita, I immediately picture a blended strawberry margarita.
Yes, there are a lot of different margarita flavors and you can get this cocktail on the rocks.
However, a frozen strawberry margarita is probably the first one kind I ever tried and it will always be my original favorite.
It is quick and easy to make in a blender, especially if you already have smoothie making skills.
The cocktail is made with frozen strawberries, so you won’t water it down by blending in lots of ice.
When strawberries are in season and full of flavor, I always buy extra and freeze them to use in blended cocktails and smoothies.
If fresh aren’t available, packaged frozen strawberries will work just fine in this drink.
When I have fresh fruit, I like to use them as a pretty and edible garnish.
If you like salt with your margarita, run a fresh lime wedge around the rim of your glass and then dip it in rimming salt.
The beverage is tasty either with or without salt.
Classic Strawberry Margarita Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: none
Yields: 2 12-oz. servings or 4 6-oz. servings
High Speed Blender
1) Put half of the frozen strawberries into the blender. Add lime juice, tequila and Triple Sec on top of the frozen berries and blend on high until smooth.
2) Remove the cap on top of the blender and add the remaining frozen strawberries one by one while the blender is running. Continue blending until smooth. Add a little bit of ice, if you’d like it to be thicker.
3) Rim glasses with salt, if you’d like. Then pour cocktail into glasses and garnish with citrus slices or fresh berries.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other beverage recipes, so you can get more drink inspiration.
Following are a few of my favorite alcohol-free refreshing drinks:
- Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
- Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
- Blueberry Lime Soda
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
- Simple Strawberry Soda
Then take a look at my other vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!