Brewed Instant Pot Iced Tea
made with fresh blackberries
Yes, you can brew tea with your Instant Pot and this blackberry Instant Pot iced tea is deliciously refreshing.
Fresh blackberries are brewed with the tea in the instant pot, so the flavors are fully infused.
Then, there are even more berries added to the simple syrup that is added to sweeten the tea.
The instant pot does a great job of bringing out the flavors of the tea, and the other ingredients make it extra special.
To make this beverage, you’ll need to brew the tea in the Instant Pot and make a simple syrup on the stove.
Then the tea and syrup are combined before you add the drink to a glass filled with ice.
The photos and recipes show fresh basil being added to the iced tea, but you can also make it with fresh mint.
It is good both ways, so use whichever you prefer and have on hand.
If you like a sweet tea, you can use all of the simple syrup in one batch of tea.
If you like it less sweet, you can just use some of it and then save the leftovers for another pitcher of tea.
Blackberry Instant Pot Iced Tea Recipe
Prep time 5 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes + time to come to pressure
Natural Release 10 minutes
Fresh Basil or Mint
1) Remove tags from tea bags. Then add tea bags, 8 cups water and 1/2 cup blackberries to Instant Pot. Stir to combine and lock lid into place. Set the vent to “sealing” and the pot to “manual” setting for 5 minutes.
2) While Instant Pot is at work, add remaining blackberries, 1/2 cup water, honey and basil (or mint) to a saucepan. Cook on medium for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and smashing the blackberries to release their juices.
3) When Instant Pot cook time is complete, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. After that, do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
4) Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the tea and pour into a large heat resistant pitcher. Add blackberry syrup that you cooked on the stove to the tea. Use a little bit or all of it, depending upon your preference. Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
5) Serve over ice and garnish with blackberries and basil or mint.
Check out my other beverage recipes, so you can get more drink inspiration.
Following are a few of my favorite refreshing drinks:
- Sparkling Blackberry Basil Mocktail
- Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
- Blueberry Lime Soda
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
- Simple Strawberry Soda
Then take a look at my other vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!