Valentine’s Day Cake
White Sheet Cake from Scratch
Bake a sheet cake for Valentine’s Day, so you can share the love with friends and family.
The moist cake is topped with decadent buttercream frosting and festive sprinkles, and it is delish!
Sheet cakes are the best, since they are simple to make, quick to decorate and easy to share.
You can make one for your own family to eat, take one to the office or send one for your child’s class party.
Then you can cut the from scratch cake into small pieces or big ones, when it is time to serve.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you and your family!
Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day Recipe
1) Preheat oven to 375° and spray a 15″ x 10″ pan with nonstick baking spray.
2) Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
3) Heat the butter and water to boil in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and then quickly remove from the heat. Stir the hot liquid into the dry ingredients.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream and almond extract. When smooth, stir into the ingredients in the other bowl.
5) Spread batter in the prepared baking pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes or more before frosting.
6) Make the frosting with a mixer, while the cake is cooling. Cream the butter. Then sift in the powdered sugar and add in vanilla. Slowly add milk, one tablespoon at a time until frosting is the desired consistency.
7) Frost cake and top with Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Ding Dong Cake
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Classic Homemade Yellow Cake
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
- Strawberry Crumb Cake
- Italian Chestnut Flour Cake
- Keto Matcha Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Little Shop of Horrors Feed Me Seymour Cupcakes
- Spider Web Cupcakes
- Disney Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Muppets Miss Piggy Carrot Cupcakes
- Minnie Mouse Gluten-Free Cupcakes
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?