Yellow Cake Made From Scratch
You could go with a boxed cake mix, but a classic homemade yellow cake made from scratch is simple and absolutely delicious.
The traditional recipe is made with basic pantry staples, just like grandma would have used.
It is yummy, when you frost it with my from scratch chocolate buttercream.
But the taste is so good, that you may be tempted to have a slice without any frosting at all.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipe
Prep time 15 minutes
Bake time 30 minutes
1½ cups Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1¼ cups Granulated Sugar
2 t Vanilla Extract
1 t Baking Powder
½ t Baking Soda
2 cups All Purpose Flour
½ t Salt
¾ cups Whole Milk
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (recipe HERE)
9″ x 13″ Cake Pan
Nonstick Baking Spray
1) Preheat oven to 350°F and spray the cake pan with nonstick baking spray.
2) Put the butter and sugar in the mixing bowl and cream together with the mixer.
3) Mix in the vanilla extract and eggs.
4) Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. Then set the mixer to low and slowly add in the sifted dry ingredients and then the milk.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7) Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
8) Let cool completely before frosting.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Ding Dong Cake
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Classic Homemade Yellow Cake
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
- Strawberry Crumb Cake
- Italian Chestnut Flour Cake
- Keto Matcha Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Little Shop of Horrors Feed Me Seymour Cupcakes
- Spider Web Cupcakes
- Disney Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Muppets Miss Piggy Carrot Cupcakes
- Minnie Mouse Gluten-Free Cupcakes
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?