Grilled Corn Picnic Salad
If you like corn on the cob as much as I do, you will love this vegan grilled corn salad that can be prepared on an outdoor grill or on the stove on a grill pan.
The recipe is a wonderful combination of fresh ingredients, so it is simple to prepare and tastes great.
You can make it at home, of course.
However, it is also a great choice for camping, tailgating or a picnic in a park.
As much as I’d like to eat fresh corn all the time, it isn’t always in season locally.
When fresh isn’t available, you can make a non-grilled version of this salad, instead.
Substitute a cup and a half of canned or frozen corn – frozen is by far my favorite of these two.
It isn’t the same without the grilling, but is still good.
Vegan Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
2 ears Corn on the Cob
1 T Dairy-free Butter Alternative
1 Red Onion
Pint Grape Tomatoes, halved
¼ cup Cilantro, chopped
1 Large Avocado, cut into cubes
3 T Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to taste
Outdoor Grill or Grill Pan to use on the stove
1) Preheat grill, if using an outdoor grill.
2) Remove husks and silk from corn and rub vegan butter on the corn. Halve onion and cut into thick slices.
3) Place corn and sliced red onion directly on the grill outside or on a stove top grill pan set to medium-high.
4) Rotate the corn every few minutes, so that each side is cooked through and slightly charred. Flip onion as needed. Remove from grill, when done. Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs with a sharp knife.
5) Add the grilled corn, charred onions, tomato halves, chopped cilantro, avocado chunks and lime juice to a salad bowl. Use tongs to gently combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Air Fryer Corn on The Cob
- Easy Cheesy Warm Corn Dip
- Vegan Sweet Corn Chowder
- Vegetarian BBQ Salad
- Vegan Grilled Corn Salad
Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- Laughing Cow Broccoli
- Vegetarian Creamed Spinach
- Vegan Stuffed Butternut Squash
- Roasted Green Beans with Parmesan
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?