Grilled Corn Picnic Salad
If you like corn on the cob as much as I do, you will love this vegan grilled corn salad that can be prepared on an outdoor grill or on the stove on a grill pan.
The recipe is a wonderful combination of fresh ingredients, so it is simple to prepare and tastes great.
You can make it at home, of course.
However, it is also a great choice for camping, tailgating or a picnic in a park.
As much as I’d like to eat fresh corn all the time, it isn’t always in season locally.
When fresh isn’t available, you can make a non-grilled version of this salad, instead.
Substitute a cup and a half of canned or frozen corn – frozen is by far my favorite of these two.
It isn’t the same without the grilling, but is still good.
Vegan Grilled Corn Salad Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 10 minutes
1) Preheat grill, if using an outdoor grill.
2) Remove husks and silk from corn and rub vegan butter on the corn. Halve onion and cut into thick slices.
3) Place corn and sliced red onion directly on the grill outside or on a stove top grill pan set to medium-high.
4) Rotate the corn every few minutes, so that each side is cooked through and slightly charred. Flip onion as needed. Remove from grill, when done. Cut the corn kernels off of the cobs with a sharp knife.
5) Add the grilled corn, charred onions, tomato halves, chopped cilantro, avocado chunks and lime juice to a salad bowl. Use tongs to gently combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, and then serve immediately.
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious salad recipes.
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Vegan Orzo Potluck Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!