Fennel, Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad
with Homemade Orange Vinaigrette
These fresh flavors are made to go together, so you are going to love this roasted beet citrus salad with homemade citrus vinaigrette.
Roasting the beets takes a bit of time in the oven, but the rest of this recipe comes together quickly.
It doesn’t take long at all to prepare the salad and whisk the dressing together.
You can even roast the beets ahead of time, if you want to get the salad tossed quickly for a last minute meal.
This roasted beet salad can be served as a side salad or as a meal.
It looks pretty and tastes delicious, so is a lovely choice for a dinner party or potluck.
Everybody loves a good beet salad and this one is fabulous!
Roasted Beet Citrus Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
¼ cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1 t Orange Zest
1 t Lemon Zest
2 T Orange Juice
2 T Lemon Juice
1 t Lime Zest
1 T Lime Juice
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Rice Vinegar
2 t Dijon Mustard
1 clove Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat oven to 400°.
2) Place each beet onto a piece of aluminum foil. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap each beet with foil and place on baking sheet.
3) Roast beets in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until tender.
4) While beets are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
5) When beets are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Hold the beets under cool running water and remove peel. Then, cut them into slices or wedges.
6) Toss greens and half of the vinaigrette together. Top with roasted beets, sliced fennel, orange slices and chopped walnuts.
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious salad recipes.
- Vegan Apricot Almond Salad
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Vegan Orzo Potluck Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!