Fennel, Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad
with Homemade Orange Vinaigrette
These fresh flavors are made to go together, so you are going to love this roasted beet citrus salad with homemade citrus vinaigrette.
Roasting the beets takes a bit of time in the oven, but the rest of this recipe comes together quickly.
It doesn’t take long at all to prepare the salad and whisk the dressing together.
You can even roast the beets ahead of time, if you want to get the salad tossed quickly for a last minute meal.
This roasted beet salad can be served as a side salad or as a meal.
It looks pretty and tastes delicious, so is a lovely choice for a dinner party or potluck.
Everybody loves a good beet salad and this one is fabulous!
Roasted Beet Citrus Recipe
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
¼ cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1 t Orange Zest
1 t Lemon Zest
2 T Orange Juice
2 T Lemon Juice
1 t Lime Zest
1 T Lime Juice
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup Rice Vinegar
2 t Dijon Mustard
1 clove Garlic, minced
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1) Preheat oven to 400°.
2) Place each beet onto a piece of aluminum foil. Rub with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Wrap each beet with foil and place on baking sheet.
3) Roast beets in preheated oven for about 45 minutes until tender.
4) While beets are roasting, prepare the vinaigrette. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together.
5) When beets are done, remove from oven and set aside to cool for a few minutes. Hold the beets under cool running water and remove peel. Then, cut them into slices or wedges.
6) Toss greens and half of the vinaigrette together. Top with roasted beets, sliced fennel, orange slices and chopped walnuts.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my salad recipes, so you can get more delicious inspiration.
Following are some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!