Summer Salad with Fresh Fruit
Easy and Delicious Vegan Salad
When you are wanting a vegan salad that feels like a meal, try my apricot almond salad recipe!
It is simple to make and each bite is packed with delicious flavor.
A side salad can be fine, when it is just a basic bowl of greens with a topping sprinkled on it.
However, I usually prefer a more substantial salad with generous amounts of ingredients in addition to the greens.
This salad has a lot of fresh and flavorful apricots and, also, lots of crunchy thin sliced almonds.
A good balsamic vinegar is an easy way to add a burst of flavor to a salad.
When it comes to balsamic vinegar, your initial thoughts are probably of ‘regular’ dark colored vinegar.
However, white balsamic vinegar is my first choice for a light fruit salad.
It adds a nice tart flavor burst, which enhances the taste of the apricots and the salad as a whole.
You can use a plain white balsamic or one that is infused with another flavor.
Both were fabulous, but plain is good, too.
Yes, this apricot salad is delicious, but it’s also pretty.
And I like my food to look good!
The salad also has fiber, protein and vitamins and minerals that my body needs.
You can serve it as a side salad, but I also like it as a main dish for lunch.
Apricot Almond Salad Recipe
Serves 4 as a side salad or 2 as an entree
4 cups Spinach, chopped
1 t Extra Virgin Olive Oil (teaspoon)
2 T White Balsamic Vinegar (Tablespoons)
1 cup Sliced Almonds
1) Put spinach, olive oil and white balsamic vinegar in a large salad bowl.
2) Toss to evenly distribute liquid on the spinach.
3) Add Apricots and almonds and toss again.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my salad recipes, so you can get more delicious inspiration.
Following are some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!