A vegan quesadilla quesadilla?
Yes! When you follow this recipe, it can be just as melty and just as good as one made with dairy.
Over the years, I have tried a wide variety of non-dairy cheese products.
Some are good and some have left me disappointed.
I was really excited, when I tried Daiya’s Cheddar Style Shreds.
They melt perfectly and have the gooey texture of regular cheese.
Dairy-free folks and dairy lovers will be satisfied with the taste and texture.
This recipe uses the vegan cheese along with two staples that I usually have on hand, spinach and baby bella mushrooms.
They cook quickly, so they’ll ready by the time the shreds are melted.
You can eat it as is or top it with salsa or guacamole.
Vegan Quesadilla Recipe
Stack your quesadilla in this order: tortilla, Daiya Shreds, mushrooms, spinach, Daiya Shreds, tortilla.
Put a small amount of butter in a cast iron pan and turn heat on to high. When pan is hot and butter melts, put quesadilla in pan.
Reduce heat to low. Then, turn quesadilla over when browned. Add more butter before flipping, if needed.
Remove from pan, after both sides are browned and vegan cheese is melted.
Slice into wedges and serve immediately.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Baked Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Easy Spinach Hummus
- Warm Spinach Feta Dip
- Sweet Potato Spinach Side Dish
- Vegan Apricot Almond Salad
- Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas
- Spinach and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Polenta with Spinach and Tomato
- Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Mushroom Frittata
- Easy Vegetarian Potstickers
- Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup
- Vegetarian Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Rice
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Pickled Mushrooms
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Vegan Quesadilla with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pasta with Kale and Mushrooms
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?