Easy Pickled Mushrooms
According to my grandmother, a meal was not complete unless it included a pickle.
She said the vinegar was good for digestion, but I didn’t care about that.
I just enjoyed the acidic bite of vegetables that had been seasoned and marinated in vinegar.
Pickled mushrooms along with other pickled and marinated vegetables are surprisingly simple to make at home.
This time around I used malt vinegar for it’s rich and hearty flavor.
Pickled Mushrooms Recipe
1 1/2 c Malt Vinegar
1 c Water
1 T Kosher Salt
1 pound White Mushrooms
2 Garlic Cloves
1/2 t Peppercorns
1 slice Onion
1) Combine vinegar, water and salt in a heavy pan. Heat on high until salt is dissolved. Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms. Stir occasionally until mushrooms are cooked through and tender (5-10 minutes)
2) Place garlic, peppercorns and onion in a quart jar. Spoon in mushrooms to fill the jar and then add the liquid. Use a long spoon or chopstick to help remove air bubbles and add more liquid, if necessary.
3) Refrigerated for 24 hours to allow the flavors to blend. The mushrooms taste great immediately, but will be even better if you can wait a day.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Goat Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Mushroom Frittata
- Easy Vegetarian Potstickers
- Creamy Portobello Mushroom Soup
- Vegetarian Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot Vegan Mushroom Rice
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Pickled Mushrooms
- Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Vegan Quesadilla with Spinach and Mushrooms
- Vegetarian Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pasta with Kale and Mushrooms
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?