Oven Roasted Veggies
Brussels Sprouts and Beets
Roasted veggies are a family favorite that we enjoy often, so it’s great that these brussels sprouts and beets are easy to make.
Both of these vegetables taste great on their own, but they also do well together.
Additionally, the red beets and onions look pretty with the green brussels sprouts.
So you get a tasty dish with good looks!
This recipe is a good amount for a family meal side dish, but you can also save any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Chilled leftover roasted beets and brussels sprouts are a flavorful addition to a salad.
The seasoning on this dish is simple, so the natural sweetness and taste of the veggies really shines through.
If you don’t have fresh thyme on hand, you can skip the herb or substitute fresh rosemary.
These vegetables are delicious and can easily become a family favorite.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Beets Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
1) Preheat oven to 400° and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2) Trim and halve brussels sprouts. Peel the beets or leave them with the skin on and cut into thick, even slices. Add the brussels sprouts and beets to a medium bowl and toss with 2 T extra virgin olive oil and 1 t garlic powder. Arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
3) Peel the red onion and cut into thick slices and then quarter the slices. Add them to the baking sheet. Brush with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining garlic powder.
4) Add fresh thyme to the baking sheet and season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
5) Roast in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, so that brussels sprouts are golden brown and beets and onions are fork tender.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
If you are looking for a sweet something, check out my dessert recipes.
And following are a few more of my delicious dinner recipes.
- Vegan Butternut Squash Stew
- Butternut Squash Noodles
- Cast Iron Skillet Greek Potatoes
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Oven Roasted Artichoke Halves
- Black Bean Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Stuffed Eggplant
- Roasted Broccoli Stems
- Roasted Carrots with Curry
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!