Dairy Free Corn Chowder
Vegan Comfort Food Soup
This vegan sweet corn chowder is a comfort food favorite, so it is perfect for a chilly day.
It has a wonderful creamy texture, even though it is dairy free. The vegan chowder gets its creaminess from the pureed vegetables and coconut milk.
For me, soup is one of those meals that is just about as satisfying to make as it is to eat. I love preparing the vegetables and the aroma from the simmering soup.
If fresh corn on the cob is not available, you can use canned or frozen instead. However, fresh is preferred.
Enjoy this satisfying dairy-free chowder!
Vegan Sweet Corn Chowder Recipe
Prep time- 20 minutes
Cook time- 30 to 40 minutes
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 large Carrots
4 cloves Garlic
1 medium White Onion
5 cups Vegetable Stock
3 lbs. Baby Dutch Yellow Potatoes
5 Ears Sweet Corn (approx. 3½-4 cups of kernels)
1 T Ground Oregano
2 t Ground Cumin
½ cup Coconut Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Cut corn kernels off of the cobs, cube the potatoes and finely dice carrots, garlic and onion.
2) Heat olive oil in skillet and add carrots, onion and garlic to the pan. Saute for a few minutes until veggies are soft.
3) Stir in vegetable stock, potatoes, corn, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for approximately 20 minutes, stirring ocassionally.
4) Blend with an immersion blender, leaving some chunks.
5) Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Serve immediately. Leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen.
Following are a few of my favorite soup recipes:
- Chunky Instant Pot Vegan Soup
- Vegetarian Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Vegan Wild Rice Soup
- Vegan Dutch Oven Minestrone Soup
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!