Wild Rice and Mushroom Comfort Food
Slow Cooker Vegan Soup
When the weather cools down, this slow cooker vegan wild rice soup is a lovely way to warm up.
The slow cooker cooks it to perfection, so the creamy vegan soup is comforting and satisfying.
There is something wonderful about making soup in a crock pot, since the house smells delicious for hours as it simmers.
Wild rice and mushrooms are the two most prominent ingredients, but the other veggies give added flavor to every bite.
Onions, carrots, garlic and celery are finely minced, so you will taste them even if they aren’t as visible as the other ingredients.
The soup is vegan, so there is no meat stock or dairy.
However, it is still creamy.
There are pureed cannellini beans and coconut milk, which give it a creamy texture and added nutrition.
You can either cook this on a high or low setting, so the cook time can fit into your schedule.
Enjoy this for a lively family dinner or snuggle up by the fireplace with a book and a bowl of this vegan mushroom wild rice soup.
Vegan Wild Rice Soup Recipe
Prep time – 20 minutes
Cook time – 3-8 hours
Serves 4 to 6
1 cup Wild Rice Blend (uncooked)
1 Small White Onion
4 Cloves Garlic
3 Stalks Celery
2 Large Carrots
1 pkg. Mushrooms (12 oz.)
1 can Cannellini Beans (15 oz.)
8 cups Vegetable Stock
2 t Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
½ cup Coconut Milk
¼ cup Fresh Italian Parsley
1) Chop onion, garlic, celery, carrots and half of the mushrooms. Then pulse in food processor until finely minced and transfer to slow cooker.
2) Slice remaining mushrooms and add to crock pot.
3) Rinse rice under cold water and add to slow cooker.
4) Process beans, including the liquid from the can, in food processor until smooth and pour into the slow cooker.
5) Add vegetable stock, garlic powder and salt and pepper to the cooker and stir to combine.
6) Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low OR 3-4 hours on high. Cook time does vary, depending upon your slow cooker, so you may need to adjust.
7) Stir in coconut milk and chopped parsley. Add more vegetable stock or water, if you’d like a thinner soup. Taste and add salt and pepper, if desired.
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my delicious soup recipes.
- Vegan Tomato Fennel Soup
- Chunky Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Dutch Oven Minestrone Soup
- Easy Vegan Udon Noodle Soup
- Miso Soup
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!