Vegan Chilled Soup
Enjoy a bowl of creamy vegan yellow tomato gazpacho, when you want a refreshing garden fresh comfort food meal.
Warm soup is great in the Winter, but a chilled vegetable soup is just right for warm Summer weather.
It is still comfort food, but is cold instead of warm.
If you have a garden, this is a great way to use homegrown tomatoes and other vegetables.
Otherwise, peak of season ingredients from the farmer’s market or grocery store are fine, too.
This soup needs to be made ahead of time, since it needs to chill.
The flavors also need that time to meld together for the perfect taste.
You can make it in the morning before the house heats up and serve it for dinner.
But it’s best if you make it a day ahead and wait a full 24 hours.
Yellow Tomato Gazpacho Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes + time to chill (at least 8 hours)
Cook time: 10 minutes
1¼ lbs. Yellow Tomatoes, chopped
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeded and chopped
2 cloves Garlic
2 cups Corn (fresh or frozen)
1 T Maple Syrup
1 t Fresh Ginger, minced
Salt and Pepper to Taste
2/3 cup Coconut Milk + extra for garnish
2 T Chives, minced
1) Add about half of the yellow tomatoes, yellow pepper, garlic and corn to blender and blend, so that it becomes smooth. Pour into soup pot. Repeat with remaining half.
2) Set the pot to medium heat and stir in maple syrup and ginger. Stir frequently, so it is heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3) Remove from heat and cool thoroughly.
4) Stir in coconut milk and refrigerate overnight in an airtight container.
5) Ladle into individual serving bowls to serve. Garnish eash bowl with a splash of coconut milk and minced chives.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my salad recipes, so you can get more delicious inspiration.
Following are some of my favorite salad recipes:
- Strawberry Feta Spinach Salad
- Arugula Apple Salad with Blue Cheese
- Orange Pomegranate Salad
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Mandarin Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Apricot Almond Salad
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- Fig and Fennel Salad with Lemon Dressing
- Vegan Mexican Avocado Salad
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Blue Cheese and Roasted Pear Salad
- Roasted Beet Citrus Salad
- Pistachio Golden Beet Salad
- Grilled Corn Salad
- Authentic Caesar Salad
- Blueberry Blue Cheese Salad
- Berry Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Fennel Salad with Feta
- Edamame Peanut Salad
- Strawberry Fennel Salad
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!