Roasted Tomato and Fennel Soup
Creamy Vegan Comfort Food
When the weather cools down, vegan tomato fennel soup is the perfect comfort food.
The roasted vegetables are naturally sweet, so their fresh flavor shines through.
Your kitchen will smell delicious, when the veggies are roasting and when the soup is simmering.
Then, when the anticipation sets in, you’ll enjoy each comforting spoonful of this creamy vegan soup.
There is no actual cream in this recipe, since it is vegan.
Coconut milk gives it a creamy texture, and a nice flavor that goes perfectly with the vegetables.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, if you’d like to make a big batch.
The soup does well as a freezer meal, for those of you who like to meal plan.
Vegan Tomato Fennel Soup Recipe
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 35 minutes
1½ lbs. Roma Tomatoes
1 large Fennel Bulb
2 medium Red Bell Peppers
2 large Carrots
4 cloves Garlic
2 medium Shallots
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
2 T Fresh Thyme Leaves
4 cups Vegetable Broth
½ cup Coconut Milk
1) Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Halve the tomatoes and thinly slice the fennel. Quarter and de-seed the bell peppers. Slice carrots in half lengthwise. Then, peel and halve garlic and shallots.
3) Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
4) Roast vegetables for approximately 20 minutes until tender.
5) Place the roasted veggies in the soup pot and add vegetable broth.
6) Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Remove from heat and blend in the pot with an immersion blender. Stir in coconut milk.
8) Garnish each bowl with fresh basil.
Check out my other dinner recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my other favorite vegan recipes:
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!