Roasted Tomato and Fennel Soup
Creamy Vegan Comfort Food
When the weather cools down, vegan tomato fennel soup is the perfect comfort food.
The roasted vegetables are naturally sweet, so their fresh flavor shines through.
Your kitchen will smell delicious, when the veggies are roasting and when the soup is simmering.
Then, when the anticipation sets in, you’ll enjoy each comforting spoonful of this creamy vegan soup.
There is no actual cream in this recipe, since it is vegan.
Coconut milk gives it a creamy texture, and a nice flavor that goes perfectly with the vegetables.
The recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, if you’d like to make a big batch.
The soup does well as a freezer meal, for those of you who like to meal plan.
Vegan Tomato Fennel Soup Recipe
Prep time – 10 minutes
Cook time – 35 minutes
1½ lbs. Roma Tomatoes
1 large Fennel Bulb
2 medium Red Bell Peppers
2 large Carrots
4 cloves Garlic
2 medium Shallots
2 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
2 T Fresh Thyme Leaves
4 cups Vegetable Broth
½ cup Coconut Milk
1) Preheat oven to 400° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) Halve the tomatoes and thinly slice the fennel. Quarter and de-seed the bell peppers. Slice carrots in half lengthwise. Then, peel and halve garlic and shallots.
3) Arrange the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
4) Roast vegetables for approximately 20 minutes until tender.
5) Place the roasted veggies in the soup pot and add vegetable broth.
6) Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Remove from heat and blend in the pot with an immersion blender. Stir in coconut milk.
8) Garnish each bowl with fresh basil.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Coconut Milk Recipes
- Vegan Thai Iced Tea
- Vegan Date Shake
- Chestnut Praline Vegan Latte
- Chocolate Hazelnut Vegan Coffee
- Keto Raspberry Coconut Smoothie
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Pine Nuts
- Vegan Vichyssoise Cold Soup
- Roasted Yellow Tomato Soup
- Tomato Fennel Soup
- Creamy Carrot Soup
- Butternut Curry Soup
- Sweet Corn Chowder
- Wild Rice Soup
- Yellow Tomato Gazpacho
- Kiwi Popsicles
- Watermelon Popsicles
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Popsicles
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?