The Best Chocolate Frosting
Cake is nice, of course, but it is a perfectly creamy chocolate buttercream frosting that makes cake or a cupcake a truly special dessert.
Fortunately, this recipe is easy, so it only takes a few minutes to add the homemade finishing touch to your cakes and cupcakes.
Yes, it is rich, creamy and also really easy to make!
The results will be fantastic, as long as you follow the basic steps in this recipe.
As with other dessert recipes, you want to make sure you start with quality ingredients for the best frosting.
You do want to use quality real butter, instead of a butter substitute.
And, no one wants a little lump of hard cocoa powder or powdered sugar in their otherwise creamy frosting.
You’ll want to sift both the cocoa and sugar, so that the frosting won’t have lumps.
The frosting can be really thick or a little bit thinner, depending upon how much milk you decide to add.
Just add the milk in slowly until your buttercream is just right for you.
Enjoy this easy buttercream on your favorite cakes and cupcakes!
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Prep time 5 minutes
1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
1 pound Powdered Sugar
½ cup Cocoa Powder
1-2 T Whole Milk
1 t Vanilla Extract
1) Sift the cocoa powder and mix it and the room temperature butter on low speed until well combined.
2) Sift in the powdered sugar and mix on low until thoroughly combined.
3) Add the vanilla extract. Then, add the milk a little bit at a time until the frosting is the desired consistency.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Ding Dong Cake
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Classic Homemade Yellow Cake
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
- Strawberry Crumb Cake
- Italian Chestnut Flour Cake
- Keto Matcha Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Little Shop of Horrors Feed Me Seymour Cupcakes
- Spider Web Cupcakes
- Disney Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Muppets Miss Piggy Carrot Cupcakes
- Minnie Mouse Gluten-Free Cupcakes
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?