Virgin Blackberry Cocktail
with Fresh Basil
Sip a blackberry basil mocktail, when you want a non-alcoholic drink that is fun and flavorful.
You don’t need to miss out, if you are having a virgin drink.
This is perfect for kids and adults who don’t drink alcohol or who just don’t want an adult beverage at this moment.
You can make the mocktail to serve at parties or as a fun addition to a family brunch.
The drink starts with a homemade simple syrup made from fresh blackberries, fresh basil and either honey or agave nectar.
I use agave frequently at home, but my first choice for this drink is honey. However, either will work just fine.
You’ll get the wonderful blackberry and basil flavor in each sip of the drink!
Blackberry Basil Mocktail Recipe
1) Add basil, blackberries, honey and water to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press on the berries gently to release juices while simmering.
2) Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove solids from the syrup. Then set aside to cool.
3) Divide the blackberry basil syrup between the champagne flutes. Top each glass with cold club soda and give each one a quick stir.
4) Garnish with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Cake
- Lemon Blackberry Chess Pie
- Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
- Apple Blackberry Jam
- Blackberry Jam Smoothie
- Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea
- Sparkling Blackberry Basil Mocktail
- Tangerine Blackberry Ice Pops
- Dark Cherry Gin Fizz
- Pretty in Pink Grapefruit Martin
- Pink Pirate Rum Punch
- Jamaican Adult Lemonade
- Bourbon Blueberry Tonic
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?