Virgin Blackberry Cocktail
with Fresh Basil
Sip a blackberry basil mocktail, when you want a non-alcoholic drink that is fun and flavorful.
You don’t need to miss out, if you are having a virgin drink.
This is perfect for kids and adults who don’t drink alcohol or who just don’t want an adult beverage at this moment.
You can make the mocktail to serve at parties or as a fun addition to a family brunch.
The drink starts with a homemade simple syrup made from fresh blackberries, fresh basil and either honey or agave nectar.
I use agave frequently at home, but my first choice for this drink is honey. However, either will work just fine.
You’ll get the wonderful blackberry and basil flavor in each sip of the drink!
Blackberry Basil Mocktail Recipe
1) Add basil, blackberries, honey and water to a saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Press on the berries gently to release juices while simmering.
2) Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove solids from the syrup. Then set aside to cool.
3) Divide the blackberry basil syrup between the champagne flutes. Top each glass with cold club soda and give each one a quick stir.
4) Garnish with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil.
Check out my other beverage recipes, so you can get more drink inspiration.
Following are some of my current favorites.
- Dark Cherry Gin Fizz
- Pretty in Pink Grapefruit Martini
- Pink Pirate Rum Punch
- Jamaican Adult Lemonade
- Bourbon Blueberry Tonic
Then take a look at my other vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!