Caprese Skewers Made with Strawberries
Easy Party Appetizer
These Caprese strawberry kebabs are a fun twist on a traditional Caprese skewer, so they make a great party appetizer that looks and tastes amazing.
The recipe uses classic Caprese ingredients including Mozzarella, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar, but swaps strawberries for the usual tomatoes.
Each bite is a wonderful flavor explosion.
When you are choosing your balsamic, you’ll want to make sure you get an aged balsamic that is naturally thick and syrupy.
Cheap non-aged balsamic is too watery and doesn’t have the concentrated flavor of an aged balsamic.
It will cost more upfront, but will last longer since a little goes a long way.
This recipe is simple, but always looks impressive when served to guests.
Caprese Strawberry Kebabs Recipe
16 Small Strawberries
32 Fresh Basil Leaves
16 Mini Mozzarella Balls
1/4 cup Aged Balsamic Vinegar (thick)
16 Bamboo Skewers (6″)
1) Wash strawberries and cut in half widthwise. Then, wash basil and pat dry.
2) First, thread the top half of a strawberry onto a bamboo skewer with the hull up.
3) Next, fold a basil leaf in half and add it to the skewer.
4) Add a Mozzarella ball, another folded basil leaf and the bottom of the strawberry.
5) Repeat steps 2 to 4 with all 16 skewers and arrange them on a serving platter.
6) Drizzle the naturally thick aged balsamic vinegar on the strawberries.