Easy Party Appetizer
A traditional Caprese kebab is a great choice, when you want a quick and easy party appetizer that your guests will love.
The simple appetizer is made with the same ingredients as a classic Caprese salad, but is served on a skewer.
This food on a stick is ideal as a passed appetizer or you can set them out on a buffet table.
If you have kids who like to help in the kitchen, this is a good recipe for kids.
There is no cooking required and you can either cut or tear the fresh basil leaves.
Choose a high quality aged balsamic for the drizzle, since it will be naturally thick and syrupy.
Others that aren’t aged or are a blend, will have a watery consistency that doesn’t look as pretty.
Also, it’s the rich flavor of an aged balsamic vinegar that tastes amazing with the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
Enjoy this simple and delicious appetizer!
Traditional Caprese Kebab Recipe
16 Red Grape Tomatoes
16 Yellow Grape Tomatoes
32 Fresh Basil Leaves
16 Mini Mozzarella Balls
1/4 cup Aged Balsamic Vinegar (thick)
16 Bamboo Skewers (6″)
1) Wash tomatoes and basil, and then pat dry.
2) First, thread a red grape tomato onto a bamboo skewer with the hull up.
3) Next, fold a basil leaf in half and add it to the skewer.
4) Add a Mozzarella ball, another folded basil leaf and a yellow grape tomato.
5) Repeat steps 2 to 4 with all 16 skewers and arrange them on a serving platter.
6) Drizzle the naturally thick aged balsamic vinegar on top of the kebabs.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Sparkling Blackberry Basil Mocktail
- Pineapple Basil Basmati Rice
- Quick and Easy Italian Pesto
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Basil Sandwich Wrap
- Tzatziki Dip Wreath
- Caprese Strawberry Kebabs
- Traditional Caprese Kebabs
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?