Easy Party Appetizer
A traditional Caprese kebab is a great choice, when you want a quick and easy party appetizer that your guests will love.
The simple appetizer is made with the same ingredients as a classic Caprese salad, but is served on a skewer.
This food on a stick is ideal as a passed appetizer or you can set them out on a buffet table.
If you have kids who like to help in the kitchen, this is a good recipe for kids.
There is no cooking required and you can either cut or tear the fresh basil leaves.
Choose a high quality aged balsamic for the drizzle, since it will be naturally thick and syrupy.
Others that aren’t aged or are a blend, will have a watery consistency that doesn’t look as pretty.
Also, it’s the rich flavor of an aged balsamic vinegar that tastes amazing with the tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
Enjoy this simple and delicious appetizer!
Traditional Caprese Kebab Recipe
16 Red Grape Tomatoes
16 Yellow Grape Tomatoes
32 Fresh Basil Leaves
16 Mini Mozzarella Balls
1/4 cup Aged Balsamic Vinegar (thick)
16 Bamboo Skewers (6″)
1) Wash tomatoes and basil, and then pat dry.
2) First, thread a red grape tomato onto a bamboo skewer with the hull up.
3) Next, fold a basil leaf in half and add it to the skewer.
4) Add a Mozzarella ball, another folded basil leaf and a yellow grape tomato.
5) Repeat steps 2 to 4 with all 16 skewers and arrange them on a serving platter.
6) Drizzle the naturally thick aged balsamic vinegar on top of the kebabs.
Check out my other appetizer recipes, so you can get more yummy inspiration.
Following are a few of my favorite appetizer recipes:
- Feta Stuffed Cucumber Bites
- Greek 7 Layer Dip
- Vegetarian Antipasto Bread Roll
- Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Strawberry Cucumber Salsa
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!