Coconut Flour Baked Zucchini
Crispy gluten free baked zucchini are delicious and fun to eat, so you’ll want to serve them at parties and as a regular family snack or side dish.
The crispy baked appetizer tastes great, so no one will miss the gluten or the fact that it isn’t fried in oil.
And, you can customize the versatile dish by pairing it with sauces to suit your family’s taste.
Dip them into a classic marinara sauce or set out a variety of dipping sauces including ranch, buffalo dip or a flavored aioli.
Often, it can be tricky to get a crunch that is similar to frying, when you are baking in the oven without added oil.
The trick to that is choosing the right zucchini and prepping it correctly.
First, choose small, firm zucchini.
Second, if there are still some soggy seeds inside, remove them.
Finally, pat the zucchini slices dry just before breading.
Then, you will get crispy zucchini that isn’t fried.
Gluten Free Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe
½ cup Coconut Flour
1 t Lemon Pepper
½ t Garlic Powder
½ t Onion Powder
Salt to Taste
2 T Water
1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
2 Small Firm Zucchini
Rimmed Baking Sheet with Wire Rack
3 Small Bowls
1) Preheat oven to 400° and place a metal rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
2) Cut zucchini in half and then cut into 1/4″ slices.
3) Add coconut flour, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and salt to the first bowl and stir together.
4) In the second bowl, whisk together the eggs and water.
5) Grate Parmesan and place it in the third bowl.
6) Coat each zucchini piece with the seasoned coconut flour and then dip into the egg mixture. Let any excess egg drip off before coating with Parmesan.
7) Place coated zucchini pieces onto the rack that is on the baking sheet and put into preheated oven.
8) Roast for 20-25 minutes until fries are golden brown. Flip the fries over once midway through the cook time.
9) Serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Gluten Free Baked Zucchini Fries
- Applesauce Zucchini Bread with Pecans
- Zucchini Mushroom Salad
- Vegan Zucchini Fritters
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?