Family Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Classic walnut chocolate chip bars are a satisfying treat, so you’ll want to bake them often.
When you add walnuts, every bite is amazing.
My mother typically baked with simple ingredients, but the one ‘extra’ she insisted upon was walnuts.
She knew that they turned an ordinary chocolate chip cookie bar into something special.
Now that I’m baking my own, I follow my mother’s lead and use walnuts in my recipe.
They add flavor and the chewy walnut bits are a nice contrast to the creamy chocolate.
The photos show a full size cookie bar that is good as is or can be served with a scoop of ice cream.
When my mom packed bars in my lunch or loaded up a plate to take to a potluck, she cut them in smaller rectangular shapes.
These ultimate chocolate chip bars are yummy, whether you need a little treat or a full size dessert.
Walnut Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cup Granulated White sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips
1 cup Chopped Walnuts
1) Pre-heat oven to 375° and line an 8″x 8″ baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Cream the butter and brown and white sugar together in a mixer.
3) Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
4) In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda and salt).
5) With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well incorporated.
6) Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a fork.
7) Spread out the dough in the parchment paper lined baking pan.
8) Bake for 30 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Chocolate Chip Recipes
- Chocolate Drizzled Tangerines
- Devil’s Food Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate Chip Turnovers
- Chocolate Butter
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Bars
- Keto Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Bread Pudding
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?