Family Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Classic walnut chocolate chip bars are a satisfying treat, so you’ll want to bake them often.
When you add walnuts, every bite is amazing.
My mother typically baked with simple ingredients, but the one ‘extra’ she insisted upon was walnuts.
She knew that they turned an ordinary chocolate chip cookie bar into something special.
Now that I’m baking my own, I follow my mother’s lead and use walnuts in my recipe.
They add flavor and the chewy walnut bits are a nice contrast to the creamy chocolate.
The photos show a full size cookie bar that is good as is or can be served with a scoop of ice cream.
When my mom packed bars in my lunch or loaded up a plate to take to a potluck, she cut them in smaller rectangular shapes.
These ultimate chocolate chip bars are yummy, whether you need a little treat or a full size dessert.
Walnut Chocolate Chip Bars Recipe
1 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cup Granulated White sugar
1 t Vanilla Extract
2 ¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt
2 cups Chocolate Chips
1 cup Chopped Walnuts
2) Cream the butter and brown and white sugar together in a mixer.
3) Mix in eggs and vanilla extract.
4) In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together (flour, baking soda and salt).
5) With the mixer on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until well incorporated.
6) Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a fork.
7) Spread out the dough in the parchment paper lined baking pan.
8) Bake for 30 minutes.
9) Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other delicious bar recipes:
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Bars
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars
- Cookie Dough Lemon Bars
- Avocado Chocolate Chip Bars
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!