Easy Italian Pesto
You could go with store bought, but authentic homemade Italian pesto is easy to make and the flavor is absolutely amazing.
Basil, garlic, pine nuts and Parmesan are the perfect compliment to a wide variety of dishes, so you will want to make it often.
Simply spread a generous amount on a slice of crusty bread or use the pesto as part of a recipe.
My two favorite entrees to make with pesto are pasta and pizza, since the Italian flavors work well together.
Years ago, before the dawn of home food processors, pesto was typically made by hand and was chunkier.
When you use a food processor, the texture is more uniform and the flavors meld together.
If you decide to make this old school, just skip the food processor and roughly chop all of the ingredients.
Whichever method you choose, this simple recipe will quickly become a family staple.
Authentic Italian Pesto Recipe
2 cups Fresh Basil
¼ cup Toasted Pine Nuts
4 cloves Garlic
2/3 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Remove stems from basil and peel garlic.
2) Add basil leaves, peeled garlic cloves, pine nuts and grated Parmesan to a food processor.
3) Briefly pulse until just barely combined. Then, add in extra virgin olive oil and blend thoroughly.
4) Taste and add salt and black pepper, if desired.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Sparkling Blackberry Basil Mocktail
- Pineapple Basil Basmati Rice
- Quick and Easy Italian Pesto
- Greek Pasta Salad
- Strawberry Basil Sandwich Wrap
- Tzatziki Dip Wreath
- Caprese Strawberry Kebabs
- Traditional Caprese Kebabs
- Lemon Herb Mocktail
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?