Refreshing Blueberry Mint Cocktail
I love to savor each sip of my drink, so I love the bold flavor of this bourbon blueberry tonic.
The taste is complex, but the cocktail is surprisingly simple to put together.
It combines several of my favorite ingredients, which complement each other perfectly.
There are blueberries, fresh mint leaves, tart lime juice, tonic water with quinine and, of course, a good, flavorful craft bourbon.
When you craft your cocktail, use your bourbon of choice.
I like mine with some sweetness, so I chose a brown sugar bourbon today.
Even with the other ingredients, you will be able to taste the bourbon.
So, choose whichever brand strikes your fancy.
It could be a pricey bottle from a small craft distillery or an inexpensive bottle from a discount store.
The recipe calls for muddling, so you’ll want to use a muddler to bring out the flavors of the fruit and mint.
If you are in a pinch, you can use a spoon.
However, a stainless steel or bamboo muddler will come in handy as you increase your skills behind the bar.
I have a bunch of decorative cocktail picks at home, but I usually end up choosing a simple stainless steel pick for my garnish.
Of course, you’ll want to eat the blueberries from the pick after you’ve finished your drink.
Bourbon Blueberry Tonic Smash Recipe
1.5 oz. Bourbon
1 t Lime Juice
3 Fresh Mint Leaves
4 oz. Tonic Water
Sprig of Mint
1) Muddle blueberries, mint and lime juice in a cocktail glass.
2) Add bourbon and top with tonic. Then, stir briefly.
3) Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint and additional blueberries.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Pink Pirate Rum Punch
- Frose Frozen Rose Slushie
- Classic Strawberry Margarita
- Classic Margarita on the Rocks
- Sweet Wine Spritzer
- Bourbon Mule
- Monk Fruit Pina Colada
- Monk Fruit Strawberry Daquiri
- Miami Vice Frozen Cocktail
- Tequila Sparkling Paloma
- Jamaican Adult Lemonade
- Bourbon Blueberry Tonic
- Cherry Bourbon and Coke
- Dark Cherry Gin Fizz
- Pineapple Margarita
- Boozy Sherbet Float
- Pink Grapefruit Mimosa
- Halloween Bloody Rum Punch
- Pumpkin Spice Irish Coffee
- Homemade Eggnog without Raw Eggs
- Bourbon Maple Cider Cocktail
- Chocolate Peppermint White Russian
- Chocolate Caramel Apple Cocktail
- Bourbon Pecan Praline Cocktail
- Spiked Coffee Cocktail
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?