Frozen Yogurt Cake
similar to an ice cream cake
This gorgeous blackberry frozen yogurt cake is amazingly simple to make, but tastes great and looks impressive.
There are some desserts that I prefer to buy from a bakery, because professionals can do it so much better.
That isn’t the case with this frozen yogurt cake.
No special skills are needed to make a professional looking cake with basic ingredients you may already have on hand at home.
It is similar to an ice cream cake, but is made from yogurt instead of ice cream.
The crumbly bottom crust is made from a butter, graham cracker crumbs and oats packed into the bottom of a springform pan.
You can either crumble your own graham crackers or use a package of crumbs for the same good results.
The whole process is so simple that this is a fun cake for kids and non-bakers to enjoy.
It is also lovely to make in the Summer, since you don’t need to turn on the oven and the cold cake is refreshing to eat.
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Cake Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Freeze time: 5-7 hours
2 Mixing Bowls
7 inch Round Springform Pan
1) Melt butter and stir together with with oats and graham cracker crumbs. Press into bottom of the springform pan to form a crust.
2) Stir the cool whip, frozen blackberries and yogurt together in a mixing bowl, so that they are well combined.
3) Pour the yogurt mixture into the pan on top of the crust and place a few frozen berries on top. Then, freeze for 5-7 hours.
4) Release the springform pan and garnish with graham cracker crumbs.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other treat recipes that are great for the holidays:
- White Chocolate Dipped Figs
- Earl Grey Tea Truffles
- Peppermint Fudge Truffles
- Coconut Banana Truffles
- Chocolate Banana Truffles
- Pumpkin Caramels
- Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones with Fruit
- GF Chocolate Truffles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!