Pineapple Freeze Pops
Make these fun and refreshing Dole whip freezies, when you want a pineapple treat that reminds you of Disney and Hawaii.
I have great memories of Hawaiian vacations and visiting the Dole Plantation on Oahu.
And, as a Southern California resident and former annual passholder, have had more Dole Whips and have been to Disneyland more times than I can count.
This homemade frozen treat brings all those great memories together in a tube.
How to make pretty freezies
It is surprisingly easy to make your own freeze pops, when you have the right supplies.
You’ll need BPA-free ice pop bags, which are also referred to as freezer tubes or popsicle bags, and a funnel.
Many of the bag sets include a silicone funnel or you can get one separately.
If your freezer space is limited, you can lay the bags flat to freeze.
If you have space for a couple of mason jars, stand up the filled freezies in the mason jars and let them freeze upright.
They taste good either way, but look nicer when frozen this way.
You can use either fresh pineapple or canned, when you make this recipe.
I usually get chunks, but rings or crushed pineapple will work just fine.
Just make sure you blend it thoroughly, so it is super creamy.
Enjoy these Dole Whip freezies at home, so you can satisfy yourself until your next trip to Hawaii, Disneyland or Disney World.
Dole Whip Freezies Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total Time: overnight
Serves: makes 8+
1) Blend ingredients in a blender, so it becomes very smooth.
2) Use a funnel to pour the pineapple mixture into the sleeves up to the fill line.
3) Stand the freezies up in a jar and place in the freezer overnight or until frozen solid. You can also lay them down flat in the freezer, but the jar method results in nicer looking freezie pops.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other tasty frozen treat recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Popsicles
- Cold Brew Chocolate Mint Popsicles
- Kiwi Popsicles
- Layered Watermelon Popsicles
- 6 Colors of the Rainbow Popsicles
- Vietnamese Coffee Popsicles
- Gummy Bear Popsicles
- Orange Creamsicles
- Avocado Popsicles
- Chunky Mango Popsicles
- Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles
- Raspberry Shortcake Popsicles
- Key Lime Pie Popsicles
- Banana Cream Pie Popsicles
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Popsicles
- Cold Brew Mocha Popsicles
- Orange Creamsicles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!