Mexican Avocado Paletas
You may be surprised by this flavor combination, but, yes, sweet avocado popsicles are an absolutely delicious frozen treat.
Here in the US, we typically think of avocados as the savory main ingredient of guacamole or the extra topping that turns any dish ‘California style.’
Around the world they have known all along that avocados are a fruit that is also good as a dessert.
Years ago, I tried a Mexican avocado paleta that I bought from a street cart, so I knew that I had to try making this delicious frozen treat at home.
The texture is creamy and the rich avocado flavor is enhanced by the sweetened condensed milk.
The popsicles are a sweet dessert, but you still get the good nutrition of the avocados.
These ice pops are easy and fun to make, so they are a wonderful treat to make and eat with your children.
A mini popsicle mold was used for these cute popsicles, but you can also use a full sized mold.
I love having another way to enjoy avocados!
Avocado Popsicles Recipe
1 Large Avocado
2 T Sweetened Condensed Milk
¾ cup Milk
1) Remove pit and skin from avocados.
2) Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until smooth.
3) Carefully pour the liquid into the popsicle mold and insert sticks.
4) Freeze overnight.
5) When you are ready to serve, run hot water over the molds for 10 to 20 seconds to loosen the popsicles.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other tasty frozen treat recipes:
- Creamy Vegan Strawberry Popsicles
- Kiwi Popsicles
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Popsicles
- 6 Colors of the Rainbow Popsicles
- Vietnamese Coffee Popsicles
- Gummy Bear Popsicles
- Orange Creamsicles
- Rainbow Yogurt Popsicles
- Cold Brew Mocha Popsicles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!