Easy Frozen Yogurt
Ice Cream Maker Recipe
There are only two ingredients in this easy blackberry frozen yogurt recipe, but it is absolutely delicious when made in an ice cream maker.
Using an old style crank ice cream maker can be fun, but it isn’t a quick or easy process.
An electric ice cream maker is a game changer that makes it simple and doesn’t require rock salt or specialized ingredients.
Just freeze the barrel, blend the ingredients and turn it on.
The ice cream maker will work it’s magic and you’ll be able to enjoy a frozen treat in less than a half hour.
This frozen yogurt is made with just two ingredients, vanilla yogurt and blackberries.
You can use either fresh blackberries or frozen ones.
Either way, this is simple and delicious.
If you want to get fancy, grate some fresh lemon zest on top to add a little zing to the frozen yogurt.
This basic ice cream maker technique will work well with other fruit and different yogurt flavors, so feel free to get creative.
I love how pretty this looks and how good it tastes!
Blackberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Optional Garnish: Lemon Zest
1) Freeze ice cream barrel overnight.
2) Add yogurt and blackberries to a blender and blend until smooth.
3) Pour the yogurt mixture into the ice cream maker and churn for 20 minutes, so that it firms up.
4) Serve immediately or store in the freezer to eat later.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other treat recipes that are great for the holidays:
- White Chocolate Dipped Figs
- Earl Grey Tea Truffles
- Peppermint Fudge Truffles
- Coconut Banana Truffles
- Chocolate Banana Truffles
- Pumpkin Caramels
- Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones with Fruit
- GF Chocolate Truffles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!