Gluten Free Truffles
Banana and Coconut with White Chocolate
This coconut banana truffles recipe is delicious, looks great and is easy to make, but it also happens to be gluten free.
Anyone can enjoy it, but your friends who need to avoid gluten will be especially happy that they can eat these without risk.
The banana coconut truffles are a fun treat, when you just need a little something special.
They are also wonderful to set out on a buffet table or to include as a gift on a plate of homemade cookies.
The base of this recipe is the naturally sweet bananas.
No sugar is added, other than the white chocolate chips that are melted for the outer coating.
You may need to adjust the flour amounts in the recipe, depending upon how ripe your bananas are.
As we know, overripe bananas are more moist than the underripe ones.
They are also a little sweeter.
My recipe was made with ‘medium’ ripe bananas.
If yours are softer and more ripe, you’ll need to add a little extra flour to keep your truffles from becoming mushy.
Feel free to use whatever bananas you have on hand, but then make minor adjustments to the flour.
Then you will be able to enjoy each of these perfect little treats.
Coconut Banana Truffles Recipe
Prep time: 25 minutes
Total time: Overnight
Dipping time: 10 minutes
Makes: 20+ truffles
1) Peel the bananas and mash them in a bowl until very smooth.
2) Mix in the coconut and almond flours little by little, so that you have a thick batter. You may not need all of the flour, if your bananas are a bit underripe. You may need a little more, if your bananas are overripe.
3) Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mold the batter into balls and place on the parchment, so that they are not touching.
4) Refrigerate overnight.
5) Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil until completely melted and lump-free.
6) Dip the balls into the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with coconut before the chocolate sets.
7) Return to the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, so that the coconut banana truffles finish setting.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my other treat recipes that are great for the holidays:
- Chocolate Peppermint Lollipops
- White Chocolate Dipped Figs
- Earl Grey Tea Truffles
- Peppermint Fudge Truffles
- Chocolate Banana Truffles
- Pumpkin Caramels
- Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cones with Fruit
- Reindeer Oreo Pops
- GF Chocolate Truffles
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!