Easy Homemade Truffles
made with Earl Grey Tea & Sugar Cookies
These Earl Grey tea truffles are delicious with afternoon tea or as dessert, so it’s great that they are easy to make using sugar cookies.
Yes, the base of the truffles is made from sugar cookies that have been crushed with a rolling pin.
Store bought cookies or even leftovers will work just fine.
These are dipped into white chocolate, but feel free to try other types of chocolate.
Dark chocolate or milk chocolate also do well with the earl grey infused truffle centers.
The tea that is added to this recipe needs to be brewed strong, so that the tea taste comes through.
My personal favorite tea for this is Sadaf Special Blend with Earl Grey, which can be purchased as loose leaf tea or in tea bags.
I’m an Earl Grey fan and used to be fine with just about any brand.
But once I tried Sadaf, I was hooked.
For me, the flavor of this tea is just the best, so now I always have a good supply of it on hand for both iced tea and hot tea.
And, now, for making truffles!
Earl Grey Tea Truffles Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 3 hours
24 Sugar Cookies
½ cup White Frosting
1 T Very Strong Earl Grey Tea
8 oz pkg. Cream Cheese
1 Cup White Chocolate Chips
1 T Coconut Oil
1 Gallon Ziploc Bag
1) Put half of the cookies into a Ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
2) Add the crumbled cookies, cream cheese, frosting and strong tea to a mixing bowl.
3) Mix by hand or with a mixer until thoroughly combined.
4) Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Mold the batter into balls and place on the parchment, so that they are not touching.
5) Refrigerate for a couple of hours to set.
6) Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil until completely melted and lump-free.
7) Dip the balls into the melted chocolate and place on the parchment covered baking sheet.
8) Return to the refrigerator for about 10 minutes, so that the chocolate coating finishes setting.
9) Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air tight container.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Ding Dong Cake
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Classic Homemade Yellow Cake
- Best Sheet Cake for Valentine’s Day
- Strawberry Crumb Cake
- Italian Chestnut Flour Cake
- Keto Matcha Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Little Shop of Horrors Feed Me Seymour Cupcakes
- Spider Web Cupcakes
- Disney Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Muppets Miss Piggy Carrot Cupcakes
- Minnie Mouse Gluten-Free Cupcakes
Time to Shop!
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the latest deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?