Butterfly Pea Flower Milk Tea: Naturally Blue Boba Drink
Blue boba milk tea is delicious and the beautiful color is all natural, since the bubble tea is made with butterfly pea flower tea.
This last year I have been learning how to make restaurant favorites myself, since I have been staying home.
Boba tea (aka bubble tea) is one of those things that I used to buy often and can now make myself.
It is simple to make, when you have the right ingredients on hand.
No tricky techniques are needed, so even kitchen novices can have fun creating their own boba milk tea at home.
The tea is a pretty shade of blue that occurs naturally, even though it looks like man-made.
Butterfly pea flowers are sometimes just referred to as ‘blue tea’ depending upon the brand and where you purchase it.
The tea has a subtle flavor that is similar to green tea, but is caffeine free.
Kids and adults will enjoy this blue bubble milk tea, since it’s pretty and tastes great.
It is easy enough to make boba anytime, but the festive color makes it ideal to serve at a party.
Serve it as blue milk for a Star Wars party, a special drink for Anna and Elsa at a Disney Frozen party or a cute beverage for a baby shower for a boy.
Have fun with this tasty blue tea!
Blue Boba Milk Tea Recipe
Prep time: 50 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
1 cup Boba (cooked according to package instructions)
2 cups Ice
1t Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Leaves
2 cups Water
1 T Sugar
¼ cup Cream
Mason Jars or Drinking Glasses
1) Heat water and steep butterfly pea flower tea for 5 minutes. Then, cool in refrigerator or place in the freezer to cool faster.
2) Prepare boba according to package instructions.
3) Divide boba between two glasses. Add ice and pour cold tea over the ice, so that cups are almost full.
4) Mix sugar and cream together and pour on top of the bubble tea.
5) Stir and enjoy!
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!
Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Recipes
Milk Tea Recipes
- Butterfly Blue Boba Milk Tea
- Instant Pot Ginger Peach Iced Tea
- Holiday Crockpot Tea
- Passion Iced Tea Lemonade
- Homemade Matcha Tea
- Blackberry Instant Pot Iced Tea
- Chai Drink Mix
- Coffee Milk Tea
- Blackberry Jam Smoothie
- Keto Raspberry Coconut Smoothie
- Caramel Apple Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Date Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie without Banana
- Apple Pie Green Smoothie
- Beet Smoothie
- Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Coconut Mango Smoothie
- Matcha Chia Smoothie
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?