Butterfly Pea Flower Milk Tea
Naturally Blue Boba Drink
This last year I have been learning how to make restaurant favorites myself, since I have been staying home.
Boba tea (aka bubble tea) is one of those things that I used to buy often and can now make myself.
It is simple to make, when you have the right ingredients on hand.
No tricky techniques are needed, so even kitchen novices can have fun creating their own boba milk tea at home.
The tea is a pretty shade of blue that occurs naturally, even though it looks like man-made.
Butterfly pea flowers are sometimes just referred to as ‘blue tea’ depending upon the brand and where you purchase it.
The tea has a subtle flavor that is similar to green tea, but is caffeine free.
Kids and adults will enjoy this blue bubble milk tea, since it’s pretty and tastes great.
It is easy enough to make boba anytime, but the festive color makes it ideal to serve at a party.
Serve it as blue milk for a Star Wars party, a special drink for Anna and Elsa at a Disney Frozen party or a cute beverage for a baby shower for a boy.
Have fun with this tasty blue tea!
Blue Boba Milk Tea Recipe
Prep time: 50 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
1) Heat water and steep butterfly pea flower tea for 5 minutes. Then, cool in refrigerator or place in the freezer to cool faster.
2) Prepare boba according to package instructions.
3) Divide boba between two glasses. Add ice and pour cold tea over the ice, so that cups are almost full.
4) Mix sugar and cream together and pour on top of the bubble tea.
5) Stir and enjoy!
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my beverage recipes, so you can get more tasty inspiration.
Following are a few of my other delicious smoothie recipes:
- Blackberry Jam Smoothie
- Keto Raspberry Coconut Smoothie
- Caramel Apple Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Date Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie without Banana
- Apple Pie Green Smoothie
- Beet Smoothie
- Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Coconut Mango Smoothie
- Matcha Chia Smoothie
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!