Easy & Cute Polar Bear Cookies
These polar bear cookies are fun to make with oatmeal cookies, marshmallows and candy, so enjoy them for Christmas or anytime.
The marshmallow faces are simply adorable!
Is It Easy To Decorate Polar Bear Cookies?
These adorable cookies are easy to decorate, so it is a fun kitchen activity for kids and adults.
A knife is used to cut the tall marshmallows in half, so little ones will need the help of an adult or older child.
Once you get the hang of it, you can decorate a whole batch of polar bear cookies quickly.
What Kind of Cookie Is Good for Decorating Polar Bear Cookies?
Oatmeal cookies were used for these decorated cookies, since we like them.
Sugar Cookies, gingerbread or another round, flat cookie would look cute, too.
Homemade is great, if you have the time and are in the mood to bake.
Pre-packaged oatmeal cookies are really easy to use and look nice when decorated.
How Do I Store The Marshmallow Topped Cookies?
The decorated cookies can be stored flat in an airtight container or on a plate covered with plastic wrap.
The cookies should be handled with care, so that the faces don’t get squashed.
Polar Bear Cookies Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 Servings
10 Oatmeal Cookies
5 Jumbo Marshmallows
5 Medium Marshmallows
10 Small Marshmallows
Dark Brown M&Ms
Knife to Cut The Marshmallows
Small dish of Water
1) Cut a jumbo marshmallow in half and place it cut side down on a cookie, so it sticks. Dab a little bit of water onto it first, if it doesn’t feel very sticky.
2) Cut a medium marshmallow in half and place it cut side down towards the bottom of the jumbo marshmallow. OK to add a dab of water, if it needs a little bit of help sticking. .
3) Dab a tiny bit of water on the marshmallows where you want the candy eyes and M&M nose to be, so it gets sticky. Place the eyes and nose in position.
4) Slice a thin layer off of the ends of the mini marshmallows, so that the end is sticky. Then, stick the ears in place.
5) Let the cookies sit for a few minutes and make sure everything is stuck together.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Christmas Animal Recipes
- Reindeer Oreo Pops
- Nutella Reindeer Sandwiches
- Reindeer Cookies
- Polar Bear Paw Print Marshmallows for Hot Cocoa
- Polar Bear Cookies
Holiday Cookie Recipes
- Mom’s Christmas Sugar Cookies
- Chewy Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- White Chocolate Cherry Pistachio Cookies
- Caramel Apple Cookie Bars
- No Bake Chocolate Cookies
Alcohol-free Holiday Party Drinks
- Sparkling Lemonade Punch
- Holiday Crock Pot Tea
- Raspberry Sparkling Ice Cream Punch
- Ho Ho Holiday Cherry Slush Mocktail
- Berry Peach Punch
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?