Holiday Comfort Food Dessert
Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
When you want a tasty dessert that is a modern twist on a classic recipe, bake a batch of goodness with my pumpkin snickerdoodle cookie bar recipe.
Cinnamon and pumpkin go together magically, so it makes sense that pumpkin can be combined with snickerdoodles.
The pumpkin puree and some pumpkin spice are mixed right into the cookie bar dough.
Of course, there is also a generous amount of cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top.
These pumpkin cookie bars are great to serve at holiday parties.
Or you can wrap them up to give as a gift to a teacher, co-worker or neighbor.
Snickerdoodles are a fun year round cookie, but when pumpkin is added they are just perfect for Fall and Winter.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Bar Recipe
1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, softened
1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
3/4 cup Light Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
2 t Vanilla Extract
1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 t Baking Soda
3/4 t Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 t Salt
3 T Granulated Sugar
1/4 t Cinnamon
9″ x 9″ Baking Dish
1) Preheat oven to 350° and line baking pan with parchment paper.
2) Mix butter, pumpkin, sugar, egg and vanilla extract in a mixer on medium speed until combined.
3) Reduce the speed to low and slowly add in flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
4) When thoroughly mixed, spread the dough evenly into baking dish that has been lined with parchment paper.
5) In a small bowl, make the topping by stirring the sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle it on top of the dough.
6) Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
7) Remove from oven and let cookie bars cool completely. Then, cut into pieces.
More from Mama Likes to Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Pumpkin Breakfast Recipes
- Coffee Pumpkin Bread
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Overnight Oats
- From Scratch Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Fluff Smoothie
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Bread
Pumpkin Dessert Recipes
- Caramel Pumpkin Fruit Leather
- Homemade Pumpkin Caramels
- Single Serve Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Maple Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- Cinnamon Frosted Pumpkin Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Cups with Pumpkin Mousse
- Chewy Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
- Mason Jar Chocolate Pumpkin Trifles
- No Churn Pumpkin Pecan Ice Cream
Dips Made with Pumpkin
Dinner Recipes with Pumpkin
- Pumpkin and Sweet Potatoes with Brown Rice
- Vegan Pumpkin Curry Skillet Meal
- Slow Cooker Vegan Red Lentils with Pumpkin
- Vegan Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spice Chili
- Vegetarian Pumpkin Stew
- Pumpkin Sage Pasta Sauce
- Easy Pumpkin Soup with Toasted Pine Nuts
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?