Homemade Bagels in the Oven or Air Fryer
When you want delicious homemade poppy seed bagels, you can easily make them in the oven or in an air fryer.
Either way, they are wonderful!
There are poppy seeds baked in the dough and sprinkled on top, so you’ll get poppy seed goodness in every bite.
A donut cutter makes it easy to get nice, round donuts, but you can also use two different sizes of regular round cutters.
If you are having a special breakfast, you can serve the homemade bagels on a platter with fruit and nut or seed butters.
Otherwise, a bagel right out of the oven or toaster are wonderful for breakfast, lunch or a snack.
Poppy Seed Bagels Recipe
1) Stir the yeast into the warm water and let set for 5 minutes.
2) Add yogurt and mix well.
3) Slowly add in flour a little at a time until a soft dough is formed.
4) Fold in 1 T poppy seeds.
5) Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour until doubled in size.
6) On a floured surface roll out dough util it is ¾ inch thick.
7) Use a donut cutter (or two round cutters to cut out donut shapes.
8) Let rise for 20 minutes.
9) Preheat oven or air fryer to 350°.
10) Bake in air fryer for 6 minutes or oven for 20 minutes. Brush with melted butter and return to fryer/oven for a few more minutes.
11) Sprinkle additional 1 t poppy seeds on top.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
Air Fryer Recipes
- Nutella Uncrustables Donuts
- Corn on The Cob
- Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
- Bread and Butter Pickles
- Cinnamon Baguette Crisps
- Maple Egg Free French Toast
- Poppy Seed Bagels
- English Muffins
- Cinnamon Apples
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the current deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools and gadgets
- AliExpress for amazing prices on kitchen goods and more
- The California Wine Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?