Homemade Bagels in the Oven or Air Fryer
When you want delicious homemade poppy seed bagels, you can easily make them in the oven or in an air fryer.
Either way, they are wonderful!
There are poppy seeds baked in the dough and sprinkled on top, so you’ll get poppy seed goodness in every bite.
A donut cutter makes it easy to get nice, round donuts, but you can also use two different sizes of regular round cutters.
If you are having a special breakfast, you can serve the homemade bagels on a platter with fruit and nut or seed butters.
Otherwise, a bagel right out of the oven or toaster are wonderful for breakfast, lunch or a snack.
Poppy Seed Bagels Recipe
1) Stir the yeast into the warm water and let set for 5 minutes.
2) Add yogurt and mix well.
3) Slowly add in flour a little at a time until a soft dough is formed.
4) Fold in 1 T poppy seeds.
5) Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for about an hour until doubled in size.
6) On a floured surface roll out dough util it is ¾ inch thick.
7) Use a donut cutter (or two round cutters to cut out donut shapes.
8) Let rise for 20 minutes.
9) Preheat oven or air fryer to 350°.
10) Bake in air fryer for 6 minutes or oven for 20 minutes. Brush with melted butter and return to fryer/oven for a few more minutes.
11) Sprinkle additional 1 t poppy seeds on top.
Check out my easy English muffin recipe for another great homemade bread.
And see these delicious smoothie recipes:
- Blackberry Jam Smoothie
- Strawberry Date Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie without Banana
- Apple Pie Green Smoothie
- Beet Smoothie
- Vegan Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Coconut Mango Smoothie
- Matcha Chia Smoothie
Then take a look at the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can have even more delicious fun in the kitchen!