Breakfast for Dessert
Have breakfast for dessert, when you make my Belgian waffle sundae.
Yes, the waffles and fresh fruit are perfect for breakfast, but the ice cream and chocolate sauce turn this into a decadent and delicious dessert.
You can make the waffles specifically for the sundaes or you can make them at breakfast time and save a leftover waffle or two for sundaes later in the day.
The texture of these waffles is amazing, so you’ll love each fluffy bite.
It is the whipped eggs whites that are folded into the batter just before cooking that give the waffles that perfect texture.
Of course, the generous amount of chocolate sauce on top makes this dessert extra yummy.
This particular sundae was made with store bought vanilla ice cream, which was good.
However, if you want to elevate the sundae try one of my no churn ice cream recipes.
You’ll need to make the recipe ahead of time, so it freezes completely.
But mixing up the ice cream is quick and easy.
A Belgian waffle sundae is delicious with a basic vanilla ice cream or another favorite flavor.
Belgian Waffle Sundae Recipe
Makes 6-8 Waffles
3 Large Eggs, separated
2 T Sugar
1) Beat egg whites with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add in sugar towards the end.
2) In a separate bowl, stir together all other ingredients including the egg yolks.
3) Gently fold in the whipped egg whites.
4) Cook in Belgian waffle iron according to your waffle iron instructions.
5) Top with a scoop of ice cream, fresh berries and chocolate syrup.
Check out my other dessert recipes, so you can get more sweet inspiration.
Following are a few of my favorites: