made with unflavored gelatin
Enjoy a slice of this berry jello pie, which is made with real fruit and unflavored gelatin instead of Jell-O, artificial flavors, colors and sugar.
That’s right. This has the fun wiggly texture of gelatin, but it doesn’t start with Jell-O.
The pie does have a sweet taste, since it is made with blueberries, raspberries and apple juice.
But it doesn’t need any extra sugar and the color comes from the berries, too.
This is a fun dessert that can be made ahead of time, instead of during that last minute crunch as you are getting ready for a special meal.
Start with your favorite pie crust, either homemade or store bought.
Then it takes just a few minutes to mix up the gelatin filling to pour into the pie shell.
Place it into your refrigerator, so that it is ready about 4 to 6 hours later.
Eat it as is or top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh berry.
Berry Jello Pie Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: overnight
Microwave Safe Mixing Bowl
1) Pour apple juice into a microwave safe mixing bowl and heat, so that it is warm.
2) Stir in gelatin, so that it is dissolved and thoroughly mixed in.
3) Add the thawed fruit including the juices.
4) Pour the gelatin mixture into the prepared pie shell and refrigerate overnight.
5) To serve, cut into pieces and top with whipped cream and a fresh berry.
More from Mama Likes To Cook
Check out the rest of my vegetarian recipes, so you can get more great ideas for baking, cooking, blending and juicing.
- Berry Jello Pie
- Banana Cream Pie
- Single Serve Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Simply Perfect Apple Pie
- Blackberry Lemon Chess Pie
- Bisquick Coconut Pie
For a beautiful assortment of kitchen necessities and food gifts for the whole family, check out the deals at these online stores.
- Miss A $1 Kitchen Tools
- Great Jones pots, pans and baking dishes
- The California Wine Club
- Wine of The Month Club
- JoyJolt Glassware
- Seven Sisters Scones
- Southside Market
Are you ready to have some delicious fun in the kitchen?